Sali Hughes' Top 50 Beauty Products

(81 Posts)
Hassled Sat 09-Mar-13 15:50:59

I can't believe I'm starting a S&B thread, given my lack of either, but I thought it was interesting - here. Sudacrem features, and I'm delighted to see Elnett (my grandmother swore by it!). Has anyone used a Revlon Lip Butter?

NomDeOrdinateur Sat 09-Mar-13 15:56:19

The Revlon Lip Butters are fantastic - I have a magenta one and a surprisingly lovely coral coloured one, they are really moisturising, quite long-lasting and fade evenly rather than leaving a ring around the edges of your lips.

Glad to see Sudocrem there, it's fantastic stuff!

NomDeOrdinateur Sat 09-Mar-13 15:56:56

I do think Real Techniques make-up brushes and L'oreal Superliner deserved a mention though...

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sat 09-Mar-13 15:57:53

I put the Guardian magazine in my bag and went straight off to Boots this morning while DD was at ballet blush. I wasn't quite convinced by the Revlon lip butter so didn't get it (and Revlon were on a multi-buy deal and I only fancied one thing) but would be keen to hear people's feedback, and they didn't have the lemon lanolin lip stuff in stock.

Did get Neutrogena body lotion for DS though, and will get some of the mascaras from HOF next week.

Hassled Sat 09-Mar-13 15:58:23

Oh thanks - will definitely invest in some. I feel a need to move on from the usual pink Vaseline approach grin.

bluebump Sat 09-Mar-13 16:04:41

I like the lip butters, and Sudocrem, Liz Earle, L'Occitaine, Benetint and my Clarisonic blush can you tell i'm a fan of her column? grin Actually quite a few I discovered pre column...

HollaAtMeBaby Sat 09-Mar-13 16:20:07

I really hate gallery-style articles like this where you have to click through millions of screens! Is the list all one page anywhere?

ALittleOfWhatYouFancy Sat 09-Mar-13 16:21:52

I fancy trying the Revlon lip butter - can anyone suggest a good colour for a warm autumn? Thanks

LadyIsabellaWrotham Sat 09-Mar-13 16:28:50

Go out and buy the paper newspaper today Holla - I'd say it's definitely 230 pence easier than the website version.

BagWoman Sat 09-Mar-13 17:19:14

Am a bit confused with Revlon Lip Butters- their website shows lots of colours but in Boots they only seem to have about 6 shades- and none seems right for me. I need a caramel/slightly pink shade- Anyone???

Neutrogena Body lotion- yes, great and very good value if you get on offer which is quite often.

Most of the other recommendations are hit & miss IMO.

Some are very expensive, and others are for Sali Hughes colouring- she is dark and wears bright lippy.

I don't agree with her on L'Occitaine shea butter handcream- I think it's really sticky.

valiumredhead Sat 09-Mar-13 17:29:49

Anyone tried the Keromask concealer?

mewkins Sat 09-Mar-13 18:13:14

Totally agree re. Rimmel eyeliner- it is brilliant and doesn't budge all day.

NomDeOrdinateur Sat 09-Mar-13 18:34:21

ALittleOfWhatYouFancy - You might like Macaroon, it's a very "my lips but better" shade that has pink/caramel tones and a lovely finish.

auldspinster Sat 09-Mar-13 19:05:59

Revlon lip butters are fab, would second the macaroon recommendation. There's a better range in the US (although they are introducing new shades soon) I've got a lovely deep red called Red Velvet that I got from ebay.

anotheryearolder Sat 09-Mar-13 19:15:35

I love Revlon lip butters,nothing else comes close .Super moisturising but without the horrible greasiness of lip balms .
I have Sweet Tart (hot pink) Peach Parfait( warm peachy) and Berry Smoothie ( nice neutral my lips but better pink).
They dont bleed and your hair doesnt stick to them like gloss .
Am a tad obsessed grin

legoqueen Sat 09-Mar-13 19:47:16

Excited to see that biodegradable crealine h2o will be available in the uk from April...anyone know where?

legoqueen Sat 09-Mar-13 19:47:45

Bioderma..blasted predictive text!

Mewsical Sat 09-Mar-13 20:35:37

bag - check this out. Macaroon for me left too much gold glitter on my lips, I'm searching for pink truffle though can only remember seeing it in Superdrug Marble Arch.

AlisonMoyet Sat 09-Mar-13 20:37:10

She often recommends shit IMO. And stuff that only she with her early 60s look would wear.

Mewsical Sat 09-Mar-13 20:37:18

And Thanks hassled for pointing me in the direction of the article.

AlisonMoyet Sat 09-Mar-13 20:37:50

The reckon things are ok. I had sweet tart I wouldn't rush and buy another.

AlisonMoyet Sat 09-Mar-13 20:37:59

Revlon.

MerryMingeWhingesAgain Sat 09-Mar-13 20:39:52

I've had quite a few, the Smashbox primer, LE cleanse and polish, L'occitane.

Actually she is probably just a QVCaholic like I used to be grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 09-Mar-13 20:40:38

She's not mentioned aldi creams at all.

SpeccyBat Sat 09-Mar-13 23:34:10

<a tad thick>

So many face creams/serums though? Does she use 'em all at once??

I want some sort of serum - was thinking of the Clarins one, then up popped that other one, Estee Lauder I think?

Revlon lip butter sounds like a good buy.

But I want to get one of the super-super Derma flannels that I read about on here last week.

Confused. Help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now