Clarins beauty flash balm. what is it supposed to do

(43 Posts)
chubbymomie2012 Wed 27-Feb-13 06:52:21

i have it but do t see any difference when i use it???

DewDr0p Wed 27-Feb-13 13:42:45

Oh I quite like it. Makes me look all radiant. Would use for a night out not every day though.

Yotamsrazor Wed 27-Feb-13 13:49:45

I couldn't tell any difference after applying it either. I use Smashbox or Benefit primers and they really do make a difference for me. Was very disappointed with the Clarins.

BlameItOnTheBogey Wed 27-Feb-13 13:54:07

I love it but only since I discovered the trick someone else mentions above which is to put it on and then very quickly apply foundation etc over. Then it makes your face look amazing and dewy. On its own it does nothing.

Now I'm considering wiping my face off and starting again now rather than waiting for the morning 'face session' - is that sad?

ggirl Wed 27-Feb-13 18:13:39

ok so I may be applying it wrong

i normaly use a stipple brush to apply my minute amount of foundation..willthis make the BFBalm pill?

I'm willing to give this stuff another go.

SweetieTime Wed 27-Feb-13 20:49:16

I was recently given a 15ml sample in a Clarins bonus gift. I have greasy skin and it did nothing for me last time I used it many moons. If anyone wants it please PM me and I will happily send it on. It is still sealed so not even opened.

ifancyashandy Wed 27-Feb-13 23:37:58

No, I use a brushnformfoundation with it but again, I smooth as oppossedmto stipple. Used it at the weekend. Walked into a party. THE ex was heard to say wow under his breath...

EmpressMaud Thu 28-Feb-13 10:29:00

I've used it since my late teens, it produces bright and fresh looking skin, I've found, if used very occasionally.
You need to put on a thin layer (don't rub into skin), then foundation over the top, though you have to be quick (I do an area at a time) as it can as applying when it has dried too much can make it, and your foundation, rub off, in bits <badly explained>

Guerlain's Midnight Secret is 'sleep in a bottle', however, at least I always thought so.

Back to update....

Used it this morning and put foundation on immediately after applying (as it said on the tube actually - doh). And I can actually notice the difference with it on now. My skin feels lovely and soft today and I think it looks a bit brighter/dewy....

Hard to tell if it's just me looking for it though - maybe I should put up a before and after pic grin

ifancyashandy Thu 28-Feb-13 11:29:57

Yay! A convert!! grin

ButteryJam Thu 28-Feb-13 11:39:56

Taking mine out to try too ... smile

alemci Thu 28-Feb-13 12:00:06

found it very good and use it from time to time. have never used it as a mask. how does that work?

FattyMcChubster Thu 28-Feb-13 12:08:45

You can mix it with your foundation you know, then you don't have to do it all quite as quickly.
Try not to rub it in, just smooth it on. You can always put more foundation on top afterwards if you need more coverage.

It's a fantastic mask if you have sensitive skin or a reaction to anything.

It's a radiance product so not suitable for people who like a matte finish.

LaalRatty Thu 28-Feb-13 14:48:07

Ok, if you don't rub it in and touch it as little as possible then aren't there parts of your face untouched? I have a tube that I have used 3 times and each time gotten a big spot on my chin. I rarely get spots so I really do think its the flash balm.

ifancyashandy Thu 28-Feb-13 14:59:57

I smooth it over my face and you want it to be thinner towards the outside edges.

EuroShaggleton Thu 28-Feb-13 15:35:24

I don't get this product either. Maybe I am doing it wrong too.

ChunkyPickle Thu 28-Feb-13 15:47:42

I've tried the various ways and don't think it makes much difference (yes, I even did the half/half face thing to check)

The one I do think is amazing is whatever the little pink cream that comes in a little red pot is - a tiny, tiny amount and it was like air-brushing my face - all smooth and lightly matt, went on smoothly (although, like the flashbalm didn't really rub in)

FattyMcChubster Thu 28-Feb-13 17:11:33

Chunky- its instant smooth. Neither are meant to sink in really. Think of instant smooth as poly filler- fills in pores and lines also helps makeup 'grab'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now