If you are blessed of nork what neckline suits you best?

(17 Posts)

Looking for inspiration.
I wear v and scoop necks mostly. I thought cowl necks should work but tried Simone Hobbs and jigsaw cowl but they don't hang right.

blue2 Sun 24-Feb-13 15:28:15

I am blessed with largish norks, and find cowl necks OK if the fabric is really, really drapey.

V necks are OK, and scoop necks, too. I can carry off a square neck if its not too high.

weaselm4 Sun 24-Feb-13 15:30:35

Love the phrase 'blessed of nork'!

I'm a 38D or thereabouts, and I go for V neck and scoop neck as well. I don't know whether square neck would work.

I just never wear crew or polo neck tops - such a bad saggy boob look for me ;-)

32G-GG and I like V necks and low wide necks.

Blessed?

The Simone tops work well for me. I also like scoop and slash necks. I don't like V necks unless I have a scoop neck cami underneath - v necks on their own make me look a bit scraggy around the neck, as I have a long thin neck.

Mumelie Sun 24-Feb-13 16:47:16

30Gg here!
I love a cowl neck if very drapey, a v-neck, even a slash-neck top if not too fitted.
Cant wear a scoop if too high, polo necks, crew neck.

ggirl Sun 24-Feb-13 16:51:25

H cup here , I suit wide boat neck, shallow scoop and deep v neck.

I don't suit anything too low and open as there's too much skin on show and I have fairly narrow shoulders

Charliefox Sun 24-Feb-13 16:53:12
Charliefox Sun 24-Feb-13 17:00:06

That white Zara thing would make me look enormous.

That first Zara one is lovely CharlieFox. I really like the sleeves too. Love the shape of the other two but not the fabric so much.

Remus gotta look on the bright side right? wink

I've got quite wide shoulders too, so sleeves need to be simple and not cap, or sleeveless. My current top collection consists of numerous H & M vests and a couple of Zara linen tees. And loads of jumpers. Funnily I can wear higher neck jumpers.

Thanks for tips all.

Mendi Sun 24-Feb-13 22:33:00

I tried both the Hobbs and Jigsaw tops on this week OP, and found them v v unflattering. I am a 30F. Both tops clung I flatteringly to my untoned (because I am a stranger to the gym) (because I had 2 c-sections) tummy while doing nothing for the norks. Minging. Nothing helpful to add here but was relieved to see your thread because at least it's not just me!

Mendi Sun 24-Feb-13 22:33:23

unflatteringly

thenightsky Sun 24-Feb-13 22:39:23

I reckon the issue with the two cowls in the OP is that they don't hang low enough. In fact they are barely cowls at all. They need to be much lower and with fuller drapes.

<34E>

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 24-Feb-13 22:45:18

H cup here.

I like a square neck, not too low, or a wide low scoop.

I can't wear a low enough v-neck with the bras that suit me unfortunately, otherwise I would wear that a lot - but a cross over with cami can work.

The most important thing is to have a really well fitting bra with lots of lift, and then I find that my boobs are in the right place for all kinds of necklines.

weasel pop over to the bra thread. If you have a saggy boob thing happening then maybe you are wearing the wrong size? With my new bras I could now wear a polo neck very happily.

4TheLoveOfBob Mon 25-Feb-13 11:57:34

I find V necks flattering, but I tend to wear quite shirt dresses with thick tights, so lots of leg on display, and v necks can look a bit tarty. Round or scoop are fine - square necks make me look hideous and cowl necks make me look saggy boobed, even in a good bra.

Hth :-)

4TheLoveOfBob Mon 25-Feb-13 11:57:47

short dresses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now