I need a foundation that makes my skin glow

(27 Posts)
HappyAsEyeAm Fri 22-Feb-13 15:04:32

I am 37, with dry skin. Have 2 DCs, work in the city, tired all the time etc etc.

My skin is pretty good, considering, but I need a better foundation. I am quite pale, have lots of lines around my eyes (but I am testing the Estee Lauder eye serum for MN!) and tend to look washed out a lot. I probably need a miracle but am happy to spend ££ whilst waiting.

I have a Space NK and a Boots near work, so one of the brands stocked there would be my preference.

tharsheblows Sat 23-Feb-13 17:24:41

Thank you shoeprincess! I have been watching youtube videos for the proper technique now... think I'll give it a go.

HappyAsEyeAm Mon 11-Mar-13 13:29:37

An update: I went to space nk at lunchtime and bought Chantecaille Future Skin oil free gel foundation. The assistant thought that Sheer Glow would give me too much coverage, and the Kevin Aucoin one was really thick like a putty and I would need to mix it with something else and that sounded like too much of a faff for me to do every day.

I will see how I go, but I am happy with it so far!

She also used an illuminating under eye concealer from By Terry, which was really nice, so that will be my next purchase.

I also bought Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser for days when I am just doing the school run and need that and a bit of lipgloss to get me through.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now