Wedding guest dilemma

(30 Posts)
Megmog2005 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:30:15

We have been invited to a wedding reception at a posh country club place in July. My dilemma is that I never ever wear dresses or skirts. The reason why is I live in my jeans and don't feel comfortable wearing anything that shows my legs off. Is it acceptable to turn up on smart jeans, heels and 'posh' top? My DP says yes (he had seen me in a dress only once) but everyone else will be dressed up to the nines. What do you think?

Curtsey Thu 21-Feb-13 10:50:04

Also: would it be worth trying this maxi dress in a size 6? You've said you like the idea of a maxi. This one could fit you and you could add some bright accessories - like the afformentioned orange shoulder bag and bright nail polish - to jazz it up a bit.

redandwhitesprinkles Thu 21-Feb-13 10:53:21

If it is a country club and not just a house in the country they probably have a dress code for certain areas and jeans would not be acceptable under any circumstances.

upinthehills Thu 21-Feb-13 10:57:31

What about a personal shopper at John Lewis or the like - they will make you try on things your wouldn't otherwise and you might be pleasantly surprised? 5'2" is not that short and, as a size 4, I bet you would look stunning - you just need to find the right dress!

LeoniPoni Thu 21-Feb-13 10:57:46

How about having a look where you get your jeans from and seeing if they do any cotton, linen, non jeans style trousers? Then you'd know they will probably fit and you can match them with your posh top and heels.

ivanapoo Thu 21-Feb-13 11:33:23

Have you looked at ASOS?

They do size 4 and petite stuff and there are free deliveries and returns so great if you don't like the things you order.

How about this: m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Petite/ASOS-PETITE-Midi-Dress-With-Gathered-Front/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2602048&SearchQuery=Petite+dress&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=60&sort=-1&clr=Green#un_jtt_jump_apply_colour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now