the beard is getting beyond plucking. what do i doooooooo?

(28 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 18-Feb-13 20:22:04

Got scary mirror and tweezerman but there is getting to be Too Much.

Sob.

Apart from a career in a circus what else do i do? Daily shaving like a bloke?

When i win the lottery i'll have IPL but until then I need help!

Plopsicle Thu 21-Feb-13 09:52:44

I'e tried the epicare, its okay but painful and seems to miss quite a few hairs that then need plucking.

Waxing and creams bring me out in spots.

I've settled on using this now www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-ES2113-Facial-Trimmer/dp/B000GBAMH4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361440314&sr=8-3 so quick, easy and best of all pain free.

EarlyInTheMorning Wed 20-Feb-13 22:31:31

I'm a wimp and didn't find Sooth Appeal too painful. However, two days after using it I got spots everywhere I had applied the wax, i.e. all around tache and beard. The spots lasted two weeks. Two weeks!!!!!!!!!

Bluestocking Wed 20-Feb-13 18:44:19

YY to Euro's wax rash. I'm sure waxing is fine for some but is a disaster for me.

GeordieCherry Mon 18-Feb-13 21:37:30

Threading & saving up for laser. I get mine done by a (well supervised) trainee & it's half price

Hope you find what works for you. Wish I'd done it sooner hmm

I waxed my sister's lil blonde 'tache yesterday. I had to hold her down mind you, but the result was very satisfying.

Cherry I do mine about once every 3-4 weeks.

perplexedpirate Mon 18-Feb-13 21:34:35

I've been doing my own waxing for years, chin, lip, eyebrows, bikini.
It's effective, cheap and convenient.
Go to it, lady!

CheeryCherry Mon 18-Feb-13 21:27:47

Lurking....I use creme on my tash,chin and under my chin, then have to pluck too sad It's so depressing....I'm so fair but have such horrid dark hairs. If I waxed...how often do I need to do it?? (don't really do pain...) What wax do people recommend?

EuroShagmore Mon 18-Feb-13 21:26:39

This is true Blue. The greater the contrast between skin and hair colour, the better lasering will work.

MissBee waxing on my face gives me a lovely rash in the shape of the hair removed. <cringes at memory of spot moustache - never again!>

It'll will be fine taggie - you'll slap on the wax in two seconds, whip the strip off and wonder why you ever did anything else.

Bluestocking Mon 18-Feb-13 21:13:08

Laser is good but only works on dark hairs. If you have chin hairs like albino pig bristles, lasering won't affect them.

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 18-Feb-13 21:11:38

Hmmmmm

I'll give waxing a whirl. I don't think i have the coordination for threading. But might give that a go too.

EuroShagmore Mon 18-Feb-13 21:07:09

Save for laser. It's expensive but well worth it.

Plucking/threading is WORSE than waxing, really.

BeckyBrandon Mon 18-Feb-13 21:02:23

Taggie I promise you plucking hurts so much more then waxing, it's such a long drawn out pain, it's horrid. Wax is just on and off and that's it. So quick!

BeckyBrandon Mon 18-Feb-13 21:01:17

Oh my gawwwwd. Just buy some Smooth Appeal wax, and wax it THE-FUCK-OFF.

I've got hair on my top lip that looks properly awful and I just wax it off, been doing it for years now and it grows back much thinner and not so quick.

Honestly facial hair is so depressing, I don't get why people pluck and bleach it when you can literally slap some wax on it and wax it off in a few seconds.

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 18-Feb-13 20:58:58

I'm not great with pain. Am wuss.

What about waxing Taggie?

Or an epilator?

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 18-Feb-13 20:57:41

Do you use just normal cotton?

Need to watch some videos and practice.

upinthehills Mon 18-Feb-13 20:55:50

That's the epicare - may be worth getting as they cost pennies on ebay, but I don't find it that great.

upinthehills Mon 18-Feb-13 20:54:57

I am not an expert but it seems to work, I watched a few videos and practised while watching the tv - you don't need to see what you are doing as you can feel it if you are doing it right. It is all in the knack and not having the loop too long - I do about 8-10 twists in the middle and have the loop about 15-20cm max across my fingers - so would be 40cm max length of thread in total. I can only do it on one direction though - from right to left, maybe because I am right handed!

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 18-Feb-13 20:50:53

Do those springy things work?

Bluestocking Mon 18-Feb-13 20:46:30

Sorry, Taggie, just meant I couldn't imagine being able to thread my own chin but v impressed by upinthehills who can! You've inspired me to give it a go ..

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 18-Feb-13 20:31:24

Don't think theres a brow bar anywhere near. Live in the sticks. And am poor.

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 18-Feb-13 20:30:29

Hair remover tends to take off the fine long blonde ones and leave the bristly black ones.

Will look at epicare and threading video.

Bluestocking Mon 18-Feb-13 20:30:15

Another vote for threading, but I have it done at the brow bar when I have my eyebrows shaped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now