I need your experiences of treating saggy jowls, incl surgery

(16 Posts)
ClaudiaCutie Mon 18-Feb-13 11:41:17

Lurkingaround - the viorara thingy looks same tech as the RF treatment I've had done. It's very very good for lifting/firming neck and underchin area. Really excellent result there. However, it only gives a bit of an improvement in the jowls for me. It's good, but not a definitive solution.

After six months of faffing and dithering, I've given in an made an appointment for a consultation with a surgeon. We will be discussing a mini-lift, which addresses the jowl/lower face only, and it's less than £3K. It's just a consultation, but I am tentatively planning to have it done later this year. I'm really fed up with the contrast of having youthful firm body (for which I am extremely grateful, it's just dumb luck), and having a relatively unlined face and yet I'm stuck with the jowls of John Sargeant. Idlevice - at least David Attenborough is thin! Gah.

lurkingaround Sun 17-Feb-13 21:08:52

I'll link the viora reaction thingy, def worth a look, and totally non-invasive.

www.viorareaction.com/
You do it first and they'll us what it's like!

And yes, siphoning DS's pocket money an excellent lesson for him idea!! grin

idlevice Sun 17-Feb-13 20:55:02

Thanks - will do some research. Not convinced any creams could give proper results. Probably looking at spending some £££s, thinking of siphoning it off DS's pocket money at the moment...

MaeMobley Sun 17-Feb-13 15:56:51
MaeMobley Sun 17-Feb-13 15:51:59

Have a look at this thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1678476-JOWLS.

ClaudiaCutie offers good advice.

cedge Sun 17-Feb-13 13:10:52

Try facial exercises and either start doing peels or use the dermaroller. In six months, you should notice a difference.... but make sure your diet is good too.

bubbles1231 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:51:32

Forget all that and grow old gracefully instead!

faustina Sun 17-Feb-13 08:47:49

...and whatever you do, don't tell your ds you've had it done or he will go on about that too!

faustina Sun 17-Feb-13 08:46:15

I think if they put a bit of filler in the right place, they can lift those saggy parts. Not expensive compared to how much people are willing to pay for all the various serums and anti-ageing creams which don't actually do all that much. Find someone with a good reputation and a light touch. it shouldn't cost you more than £300 and it will last much longer than botox. Not like surgery though. It is temporary.

QueenBOObread Sat 16-Feb-13 21:48:39

shock - give up your DS for adoption!

Am so not looking forward to that level of brutal honesty from my DSs when they are older; the most I've had so far is the observation that my pants look like Batman's! grin

lurkingaround Sat 16-Feb-13 20:44:59

Call me pessimistic but I have a hard time believing a cream made of oil and water and a few 'magical' ingredients with lift our falling faces. Methinks it will take something a tad more aggressive. I saw that one stitch lift on telly the other night, looks like a reasonable choice to me. Not that telly is the most reliable reference but I did have a google. Expensive, but a facial a month for 2 years would be much the same. And this has definite results.

There is that Viora Reaction, a radiofrequency skin tightening thingy, stimulates collagen formation. Improves elasticity and contours. Non invasive, no downtime, might be an option?

Jakadaal Sat 16-Feb-13 19:31:24

I got these from QVC and results are impressive but temporary

FaffTastic Sat 16-Feb-13 17:36:59

Am contemplating getting this facial toning machine

The reviews seem good enough for it

sazpops Sat 16-Feb-13 16:16:45

I feel your pain! I realised I had started to sag around the jowls, and have taken a 3 pronged attack!

First, I have been trying various facial exercises - just stuff I've found on youtube, haven't been following one particular regime.

Secondly, when cleansing and moisturising, I've been massaging my face for a few minutes each time (supposed to aid lymphatic drainage and firm things up)

Third, I've changed my products. At night I use Estee Lauder Night Repair, and in the day I use Olay Regenerist serum, followed by Estee Lauder Revitalift.

After about 6 weeks of this I honestly think I'm noticing a difference. My skin looks generally brighter and firmer and I seem to have got definition back around the lower half of my face.

I think the massage is probably the thing that's helping most, but hard to tell really. good luck!

HousewifeFromHeaven Sat 16-Feb-13 13:27:28

Get one of those one stitch face lifts! They have good reviews.

idlevice Sat 16-Feb-13 13:22:53

Help me please - my DS said I looked like David Attenborough, specifically pointing to the lower half of his picture & saying "that bit"...an 86year old man FFS!! What can I do? Those facial exercises seem a bit suss to me. Is surgery the only guaranteed solution?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now