Black skirt needed for DD(15) - not too short/tight

(8 Posts)
hellsbells99 Thu 14-Feb-13 15:24:03

Can anyone help me please? DD (15yo) has an animal print peblum style top that she normally wears with black Topshop leggings. Last week she went out for a meal with friends for a 16th birthday celebration and wore this top with the only non-school skirt she had that matched - a short tight bodycon style one that she had when she was 12! She has agreed that it needs to be replaced with something slightly classier! She is 5'5" and a size 10/12. Any ideas and links gratefully received smile

If I'm truthful, I don't think anything could make an animal print peplum look classy, but maybe she might like this? Here, if she likes peplums? obviously not with the top too...

Dancingqueen17 Thu 14-Feb-13 16:02:52

Can't link from ipad but bought a really nice black skater skirt from Henry holland at debenhams, above the knee but not short short!

Startail Thu 14-Feb-13 16:05:01

top shop
They have several others too, but that's my best guess without seeing the top.

hellsbells99 Thu 14-Feb-13 16:12:16

Put your claws away Horrace - my comment about 'classier' was meant tongue in cheek! The top actually looks fine when worn with good quality plain black leggings - just very tacky when worn with a short tight skirt. Thank you for other suggestions - I will look now.

stefb Thu 14-Feb-13 17:40:02

I have the same problem my daughter is 14 and I find a lot of clothes for their age are trashy...the tight short ones. Skater skirts seem to be in now they have a lot at internationale and new look what about black shorts and thick black tights? My daughter and ger friends seem to like the shorts/tights combo at the moment

Sorry grin I have a hatred for all things animal print. Top shop is good, Therapy (house of Fraser own brand), New look are all good for that age. Primark actually had some nice skirts (I'm not hugely older than her, so taste can't be that off her age) if she's paying.

germyrabbit Thu 14-Feb-13 20:25:38

this is a pretty good skirt recommended by cod i think on here! also cheap in sale! i really lovemine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now