I've bought Retin A cream, 0.025%. How long until it works and I look 16 again?

(13 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Wed 13-Feb-13 17:31:31

?

Walnutcakelover Wed 13-Feb-13 17:59:23

Not sure, but I have been using 0.1%. I am over the extrememly dry, flaking stage, I do still get some flaking but not much. My Husband hasn't seen a difference in my skin, but maybe it's because Iv'e only been using it for 3 weeks.

Walnutcakelover Wed 13-Feb-13 18:01:50

This probably isn't related but since I have been using the retin a, iv'e noticed that my mouth to nose lines seem more pronounced confused

bettybleep Wed 13-Feb-13 18:18:17

I bought mine at the same time as Walnut (wondered how you were doingsmile)
And it has kinda made me look 16 again...in that my chin and chest have several red, and painful, blind spots.. Haven't had spots for about 30 years, and I thought it was developed for acne in the first place.. Maybe I've overdone the moisturiser..

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 13-Feb-13 18:19:42

Oh sugar.

willybreeder Wed 13-Feb-13 20:09:13

Don't give up! Think it took me close to 2 months. I really rate it

Walnutcakelover Wed 13-Feb-13 20:45:22

I had to put tons of moisturiser on the next day, even put vaseline just to calm my really red sore skin. I know it's early days yet, so will keep with it, but I will give up on it before the hot weather hits, i haven't really seen a difference in my skin tbh.

lurkingaround Wed 13-Feb-13 21:14:33

Takes many months before you notice an improvement. I am still not able to use it v often, twice a week is it so far. I'm hoping I'll get used to it. I'm determined to give it a good shot this time.

PoppyWearer Wed 13-Feb-13 21:16:22

My skin looked amazing after a month or so, IIRC. Then I had to ditch it to ttc, so can't report on the longer-term results! But the acne was gone, that was the main thing.

QuinnFabray Wed 13-Feb-13 22:28:37

I gave it a shot for a few weeks. Aside from the intense dryness and irritation, I too noticed that it seemed to be accentuating my fine lines. I wasn't prepared to put my faith into the product and wait it out, just in case it continued to make them worse.

ggirl Wed 13-Feb-13 23:15:52

The irritation is worse if you put the cream straight on after washing your face , you should let the skin dry and the ph level return to normal so about 20min.
I have had flaky bits and redness when I have overdone it with the cream or out it on too soon. Otherwise no reaction.
Also only a small pea size is needed for whole face and apparently the skin around the mouth should be avoided as it almost always gets irritated.
I'll try and find the link where I got this info.

ggirl Wed 13-Feb-13 23:28:56
Fluffycloudland77 Fri 22-Feb-13 14:57:03

Well, I put a pea sized blob on last night and I'm going to do it every other day.

I'm a bit dry but not much.

Where do you all buy your retin a from? The seller I bought it off doesn't have it anymore. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now