Perm booked for tomorrow. What do I have to do?

(13 Posts)
readyforno2 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:22:44

It cost £70, my hair has got one layer in it, but mostly to take some if the weight away as there's so much of it.

Sounds great, do you mind me asking how much it cost? Is your hair all one length, or layered?

MikeLitoris Sat 09-Feb-13 21:41:05

I can only imagine it like my perms when I was younger.

Kevin keegan-esque grin

I'm sure you look lovely though.

readyforno2 Sat 09-Feb-13 21:21:48

I'm on the phone app and don't know how to load a picture.
My hair is below shoulder length, and ginger. It's now just above my shoulders and someone earlier likened it to Cher (is that a good thing or not??)
It is pretty tight just now as my hair is so heavy and will gradually fall out.
My dp says he really likes it and I love it, but, my sister really doesn't.

MikeLitoris Sat 09-Feb-13 18:02:24

I just cant imagine a perm looking good these days.

Do you have a pic?

chubbymomie2012 Sat 09-Feb-13 17:57:11

do you mind me askng what your hair is like? i loved my perm back in the day. do u have long hair? what kind of perm is back in fAshion now?

readyforno2 Sat 09-Feb-13 17:37:34

Loving the perm!!!
Took 4 and a half hours, but definitely worth it. Thanks all.

readyforno2 Sat 09-Feb-13 00:26:29

Top gun. Done.

I loved my perm the last time and too got loads of compliments, but I didn't get it redone as I fell pregnant and couldn't cope with the smell.
I'm really excited, I love curls!
Will be back tomorrow to update, thanks all

Cornycabernet Fri 08-Feb-13 22:37:58

watch top gun

Marsbarcheesecake Fri 08-Feb-13 22:37:23

Nothing you need to do or not do !!

Perms have moved on vastly since the 80's !! Then they used to dry your hair out terribly now- well mine always feels in better condition afterwards smile

I had my latest yesterday as it happens - washed, conditioned & used my usual products in morning before going to hairdressers, but they should wash your hair first anyway. Today my hair is beautifully soft & bouncy

I love my curls, and get lots of compliments on my hair - let us know how it goes.

readyforno2 Fri 08-Feb-13 22:24:55

Thanks, I thought that too re the conditioner. Non creamy...
Baby shampoo? Or Aussie big hair?

ShatnersBassoon Fri 08-Feb-13 22:17:17

Casting my mind back a few decades, hair shouldn't be conditioned before perming. Wash it in a non-creamy shampoo. The rules have probably changed though...

readyforno2 Fri 08-Feb-13 22:13:26

So the real question here is, do I wash my hair tonight? I haven't washed it since Tuesday blush (I know, it's just such a chore) or do I just leave it?
If I do wash it, do I put conditioner in? I remember from the last time I had it permed there was something I was supposed to do but don't know what..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now