Superpale beauties.... Whats your foundation?!

(29 Posts)
PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Fri 08-Feb-13 21:19:56

Evening ladies.... Ok so if you have pale skin, what foundation do you use? Im struggling. Currently using the palest mac studiofix, but i feel that sometimes it looks a bit yellowy. Used to be a fan of estee lauder doublewear in warm shell, but it stopped agreeing with my slightly dry skin...

Any ideas?

PashaFox Sun 10-Feb-13 11:53:44

Barbara Daley for Tesco Oil Free Foundation in Ivory! I've tried everything out there and always return to this, it's the only one I would class as 'ivory' it is very pale though, works wonders on my Snow White look (also have natural jet black hair). Slick of red lippy and I'm good to go!

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Sun 10-Feb-13 09:36:41

Thanks very much ladies, loads to try here! Heard a lot of good things about illamasqua so ill give that a go first....

Somethingtothinkabout Sun 10-Feb-13 09:31:43

Max Factor Lasting Performance with me too

I've tried so many, (and both MAC 15s) but not pale enough for me.

I've not tried the Illumasqua (sorry, spelling, on phone) one though.

I'm saving this thread and setting off into town on a hunt! smile

Missbopeep Sun 10-Feb-13 09:02:33

Okay- I am pale.

Liz Earle foundation in Ivory (I think that's it) is the palest stuff ever- too pale for me and have had to give away!

Bobbi Brown in Porcelain is pale- they used to do Alabaster in some products but think they have discontinued.

Boots No 7 in Calico- disaster for me as looks too pink/grey- just not right or pale enough.

Lancone 050- the palest- in teint Miracel/ Idole.

Clarins- in Ivory might be okay- not as pale as Bobbi Brown Porcelain though.

Lara Mercier's palest shade was too pale for me- had to Ebay it- shame as nice foundation.

LaTrucha Sat 09-Feb-13 17:31:45

Max Factor Lasting Performance here too.

Starrsmummy Sat 09-Feb-13 17:27:54

Maybelline Dream matte mousse. 'Nude' in summer, 'ivory' in winter.

This foundation will change your life. I hated normal foundation, found it too heavy, greasy and didnt stay on well. Dream matte mousse is the answer!

PerAspera Sat 09-Feb-13 17:14:20

Bobbi Brown alabaster in winter, porcelain in summer.

BookFairy Sat 09-Feb-13 17:11:27

I use Dr Hauschka Translucent Make Up in 00 and Dr Hauschka Translucent Loose Powder.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 09-Feb-13 17:09:25

Bobbi Brown Skin in Porcelain - really good for pinky pales IYSWIM
I think they actually make a shade paler than the one I need, which is a first

I love the Maybelline Ivory foundations, cheap and a perfect match

turkeyboots Sat 09-Feb-13 17:06:46

Boots perfect match is worth a shot. I always just picked up the palest shade, but turns out I'm not! Am next one up the scale, and with yellow undertones and not the pink I'd have picked before.

Am impressed with the results.

BaDaBing Sat 09-Feb-13 17:00:55

Benefit Ivory

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 09-Feb-13 16:59:58

I don't use actual foundation, but I use Dainty Doll concealer in 01, they also do a liquid and a powder foundation. I will have a look at the Illamasqua skin base as I've been after something to mix with my Dermablend for ages, it's great for covering spots but far too dark for me.

singaporeswing Sat 09-Feb-13 16:54:55

My best friend is v pale, almost translucent. I bought her MAC Pro foundation in pure white and she mixes a couple of drops with the various palest shades by MAC, Bobbi Brown etc - creates the perfect shade.

3monkeys3 Sat 09-Feb-13 07:48:34

I say blue too - very pale, cool skin tone palehousewife. It's possible to be very pale and warm toned - my dd is - a combo of my paleness and dh's olive skin! But i'm definitely blue! I have recently discovered benefit hello flawless in ivory - it's pretty much an exact match for me - amazing!

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Sat 09-Feb-13 03:39:57

What does blue mean?!

MmeGuillotine Fri 08-Feb-13 23:22:54

No wait, 01 is my white Skin Base. 02 is the pale one. smile

I used to use MAC but found it too yellow for my complexion.

PoppyWearer Fri 08-Feb-13 23:22:50

Estée Lauder DoubleWear Light in the palest shade - ivory?

MmeGuillotine Fri 08-Feb-13 23:20:55

I use Illamasqua skin base in 01 if I want a heavier coverage for going out in the evening and Illamasqua Light Liquid in 115 for day times. They're both a step up from their white so very pale with a pink undertone.

I'm a pasty faced redhead and these are the best and palest foundations I have found. smile

DeafLeopard Fri 08-Feb-13 23:20:38

Same as CadiM.

Whenever I bother to put it on I get lots of comments about how well I am looking etc

fishcalledwonder Fri 08-Feb-13 23:19:01

Max Factor Lasting performance. Only foundation I've ever found that is pale enough. I am blue though.

Aha

Lisa Eldridge did a video about super pale foundations a while back. Will try to unearth.

ouryve Fri 08-Feb-13 23:16:57

Back when I did wear make up, I used to use a Clinique one that was brilliant, but they discontinued it and the replacement I had suggested was far too dark for me. Not tried any of their more recent offerings (since I never wear make up any more). I never found anything pale enough in any other brand, though (and forget tinted moisturiser).

MerylStrop Fri 08-Feb-13 23:15:27

Laura Mercier palest tinted foundation or - and this is a recent discovery - brilliant value - Boots 17 BB cream, surprisingly good and £6!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now