Fashion for the well-endowed

(19 Posts)
HazleNutt Fri 08-Feb-13 09:14:25

Also www.biubiu.pl has some decent stuff, better quality than Pepperberry.

I hate proper wrap dresses, they make my boobs look enormous, as the wrap always ends up under the boob. But gathered/draped are excellent, something like:
www.promod.co.uk/dresses/smart-dresses/printed-drape-dress-green-print-R5200112527.html
or
www.promod.co.uk/dresses/smart-dresses/chic-dress-black-R6200028001.html

You don't want to wear anything boxy that would hide the waist, will just make you look massive all over.

monkeysmama Fri 08-Feb-13 08:44:19

Saint Bustier is aiming is be a trendier Pepperberry (though I have never ordered from them). I have a large chest and hate v necks and wrap tops/dresses.

ExRatty Fri 08-Feb-13 07:54:38

I wear skinnies all the time with slash neck tops...great for norks
Tunics = hell

Snowkey Fri 08-Feb-13 06:40:44

Boyfriend jeans and fitted slinky tops or silk collared shirts, this look is great, heels to dress up, brogues, Havianas to go more casual - if you can find flattering boyfriends - I got mine in Zara. Zara have good linen t shirts - with 3/4 sleeves. Uniqlos v neck cardys are good, their jersey blazers fir well too. Tricky to wear skinnies - balancing the top half takes skill to avoid looking matronly unless you wear a low cut fitted tunic - that might be an S&B crime though. Have also bought some harems which I'll wear with a stretchy fitted top and maybe a jersey blazer - usual deep cut out at front to reduce minimise boobage but I've yet to have a proper play with them - major shopping event yesterday!

ExRatty Fri 08-Feb-13 01:11:11

Mmm pepperberry looks like Evans for norks

ArethaSnellHutt Fri 08-Feb-13 00:13:08

Another vote for Pepperberry, excellent quality.

SorrelForbes Fri 08-Feb-13 00:11:04

Yep, I do the layering and blazer with skinny jeans look. Chunky ankle boots seem to work well at balancing the look.

ElectricMonk Fri 08-Feb-13 00:00:51

I have the same problem - I've found that layering worked best: very slim-fitting but stretchy tops, with blazers/slouchy loose-knit jumpers/slim-fitting cardigans with the top 5 buttons undone, plus skinny jeans or an a-line skirt.

Primark £3 vest tops are very good, as long as they're the very tight spaghetti strapped style. H&M does lovely jersey cowl necked long sleeved tops to go over the top, and also great cap-sleeved super-fitted polo necks. The best budget blazers come from Wallis, IME.

Necklaces help to make your bust look higher, if you choose the right length and chunkiness (which will take some trial and error). Good bras also help a lot - Gorgeous by Debenhams is great if you're on a budget.

SarkyPants Thu 07-Feb-13 23:36:12

And I agree with the point about non dainty footware. I spend most of the year in boots.

SarkyPants Thu 07-Feb-13 23:34:47

Pepperberry is shite.

Oliver Bonas is great at the moment.
They have a series of dresses with the same slightly cowl neckline that is really flattering.
Links to their site don't work well when I'm using the mobile site, but search on 'floral breeze', 'blossom print' and 'star print'

milkwagon Thu 07-Feb-13 23:25:04

YY to cowl neck. I pair simple block colour cowl necks with a lovely bright necklace - not low though but up nearer the neckline so it draws attention away from my also matronly norks. H&M have lots of lovely blazers in store atm.

carlywurly Thu 07-Feb-13 22:15:14

Ha ha, watching with interest. I tried a chunky knit sweater the other day and looked pregnant front and back. (I'm not at all pregnant) I actually gasped out loud in the changing room at how awful it looked. grin

Maybe try Zara or H&M for budget blazer in that case. I think Great Plains has lovely stuff for the price, good selection of tops. I hate anything man made so struggle with new look, dp etc as its all polyester. Did buy a decent top from boden last year with 35% off it was ok price-wise and cotton.

vixsatis Thu 07-Feb-13 13:11:40

47 and 32GG so perpetually struggling with this.

This sounds weird; but I think top heavy requires care with footwear. Anything too dainty or spindly can look unbalanced- not always but it is worth thinking about whether heavier shoes or boots might improve any particular outfit

DewDr0p Thu 07-Feb-13 13:06:59

Yes I got a couple of really nice dresses from Pepperberry last summer.

YY to cowl necks too - have a really lovely sweater with some shoulder detail and cowl neck which is very flattering.

Blazer is a good idea for Spring, thank you.

Have you looked on the Pepperberry website?

Other than that I would say wrap tops/dresses in any shape or form are your friends smile

Cowl neck tops/dresses worth looking out for (phase 8 maybe) but need to come in at the waist to be flattering. I find anything with a bit of gathering, ruching etc is much better than plain scoop or v-neck which just make me look bigger. I'm not a blazer fan but I think the jersey -style ones are flattering and fairly fashionable right now.

DewDr0p Thu 07-Feb-13 12:39:57

Oh and have a small budget too. smile I suspect if I had more cash to spend I could easily buy my way out of this dilemma!

DewDr0p Thu 07-Feb-13 12:39:10

I am (ahem) blessed with rather a large chest despite being reasonably petite elsewhere and I am really struggling to shop for flattering clothes at the moment. All those high necklines leave me with the dreaded matronly bosom look sad Don't even get me started on big chunky slouchy sweaters (shudders) (although love them on others!) Used to be able to get away with more when I was younger but as I've got a bit older the boobs have got bigger and the rest of me less youthful and I need to think about it more.

Judging by recent bra threads I'm not along in the large boobs scenario! What can I buy/wear? I'm 40 but have a young outlook I think and I want to look stylish, maybe even slightly edgy but definitely not like I'm trying to be 21 again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now