Christ -i just LOVE to hate White stuff so much

(58 Posts)
HanneHolm Tue 05-Feb-13 17:57:50

and they make it so EASY

this times catalogue is perfect. Usual shit smell, naff over laboured premise that makes no sense.

still shit A line skirts
pregnancy type tops to cover fat guts
shit disty patterns
STRANGE beardy weirdy man model

femail models all looking like they need to eat more steak

Eliza22 Tue 05-Feb-13 23:19:22

Ten years ago, I had a wool wraparound dress. It washed fantastically. Was a good length, good flattering fit and didn't bobble. I wore it for years and it felt like good quality "schmutter". It's all cheap crap now...and shapeless too! My DH looked at the catalogue with me and we agreed, that if the lovely young (slender) models looked dowdy and shapeless in the clothing..... What hope for the rest of us?! confused

carbondated Tue 05-Feb-13 22:49:38

Hanne about the woman in the "about to be sectioned" pic! The last time I saw a very similar expression was when my friend bit into a flapjack and half her tooth came out. She did exactly the same thing with her hands and had that look of total disbelief and mild revulsion. There is some seriously horrid stuff in White Stuff.

Dereksmalls Tue 05-Feb-13 22:29:29

Oh I know! I got an email from them today, saw the main picture, thought "Same old shit then" and deleted. I hope they aren't paying designers every time they launch a "new" collection.

Am I going mad or was it pricey student gear 20 years ago? I seem to remember loving a (non-bobbly, proper wool) jumper I bought in the sale and am sure it was half price and still £30!

god tomarcher i misread clint as clit there <flinch>

Eliza22 Tue 05-Feb-13 21:38:07

I'm just amazed by the prices for what, in close up (touchy-feely) is just cheap, thin T-shirt material. King's New Clothes....the lost of it.

And FFS, stop wasting trees, with all the sodding mail drops!!!

freddiefrog Tue 05-Feb-13 21:31:54

I bought a top from White Stuff in their sale last year. I don't know what came over me. I've never worn it

The window dressers in our local store went slightly mad last summer and added cows udders to all the mannequins in the windows, it was very bizarre

carlywurly Tue 05-Feb-13 20:25:14

Ohhhh. I like White Stuff. But admittedly very selected items. Namely plain things like simple white tees, their scarves, tights and the sorrell slim leg jeans.

Nothing flared, printed, flowery, A line, empire line or likely to bobble.
Nothing in the sale. Nothing without an offer code of some sort.

And it says a lot that in their catalogues, even the models look shit in the clothes.

They need a total change of design team. It's the same old things, with a change of drab colour and quirky pattern.

TomArchersSausage Tue 05-Feb-13 20:13:58

Argh...'Trouser'

It's Trousers fgs. Unless you buy one leg at a timeconfused

And AGAINhmm 'Jean'. What's a Jean when it's at home.

Beardy bloke looks like he's straight out of a 1970's Open University science module support programme.

Indith Tue 05-Feb-13 20:09:11

Uniqlo? Really? because I'm not convinced.

dexter73 Tue 05-Feb-13 20:05:19

Indith - Uniqlo is good.

Indith Tue 05-Feb-13 20:03:15

I do have a nice denim skirt from there, and I have lived in these tops all winter as they are soft, thin and snuggly warm. I have 3 of them on rotation under everything.

I'd love to know where does have nice, good quality, simple tops and knits that are not mumsy, not trying to be cool, that just ARE nice tops and jumpers.

FunnyLittleFrog Tue 05-Feb-13 19:55:31
FunnyLittleFrog Tue 05-Feb-13 19:51:20

This quirky number has a duck print

There'll be a 'pop of colour' somewhere too I bet.

FunnyLittleFrog Tue 05-Feb-13 19:40:13

I had the White Stuff dark days in the year after having a baby. Thought I had to dress like a mum.

I looked horrific.

Glossynotflossy Tue 05-Feb-13 19:39:52

Oh my i did the jumper and long skirt thing when i was sixteen.didn't suit then and wouldnt suit now

FunnyLittleFrog Tue 05-Feb-13 19:38:12

Their apostrophes were wrong in the shop near me last year

They sell jean's would you believe

givemeaclue Tue 05-Feb-13 19:33:22

Oh bugger an wearing one of their skirts right now, I need help -direct me elsewhere?

I bought it online Dexter - I do have some shame.

dexter73 Tue 05-Feb-13 19:28:54

Amber - please tell me that when you bought your skirt you went in with a tea cosy on your head to get an extra 10% off!

Missbopeep Tue 05-Feb-13 19:24:34

And the sales assts are so nice smile they always make you say hello when you enter the shop.

Seriously it was a dark time. If anyone wants to see just how low I sunk check the third picture down here - loving how the idiot blogger is trying to kid herself White Stuff are doing grunge.

Of course because I made a purchase (in my husband's name, I hadn't totally lost it) we now get a flyer with a picture of a cow (or something equally irrelevant) on it every day reminding us what a fun, quirky retailer they are.

noddyholder Tue 05-Feb-13 18:46:21

All hideous although i do like the playa t shirts because i know they suit me with skinnies and plimsolls

ChampyandtheWonderHorse Tue 05-Feb-13 18:44:14

she's also a vampire, Po.

DameFanny Tue 05-Feb-13 18:43:39

Proper snorted at Amber grin

HazeltheMcWitch Tue 05-Feb-13 18:43:03

form ^from
naes names etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now