How to wear Harem/ Hareem? Trousers?

(55 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Mon 04-Feb-13 22:54:14

I have found some in Next that feel lovely, appear flattering and would get me out of my leggings that I've worn all through pregnancy and since baby was born!
They are not baggy at the crotch.
I do not know how to style them. I tried them on with heels and a vest top in the shop but it didn't look right. They are so comfy that I might just buy them to lounge about in anyway, but would love to know how to dress them up.
Any ideas, links, pics please?

PoppysStyle Wed 09-Apr-14 13:22:57

Adore harem trousers - the Next ones are great though not as low slung on the crotch as I like. Mango do great ones too. Check out Eve on AWO blog - she wears them a lot too - www.allwornoutblog.com/?p=13048. Keep it simple with a tee and sandals - the TopShop camis are great with them in the summer too. Let the trousers do the talkingsmile

BriarRainbowshimmer Wed 09-Apr-14 10:00:22

I think it's better to start a new thread, more people will see your post that way.

Theonlyoneiknow Tue 08-Apr-14 23:21:51

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Am keen to find some nice light summer trousers that aren't linen and will hide my cankles.

Do you think as I am under 5'1" I could get say with these? Where would be the best place to get them?

Thanks!

TheDevilsGherkins Tue 02-Apr-13 15:01:54

Am wearing with Ash wedge trainers. Probably wrong wrong wrong.

dexter73 Tue 02-Apr-13 11:20:44

Those earthashop trousers have to be the most minging item of clothing I have seen in a long while shock!!

Fashionobsessive Tue 02-Apr-13 11:16:43

Hey guys, I absolutely love harem trousers. smile You should try earthashop if you're looking for baggy ones as they also have loads of different colours. Their adult range are one size, with adjustable drawstring, which usually puts me off but they fit me (size 8/10) and my sister who tried them on (size 12/14) so I guess they work. They also have ones for kids which is great!

katykoo Thu 14-Feb-13 13:46:57

I am same height as you Guy and size 10-12.I have the petite in size 10 and they are perfect so I would probably go for the 8 if I was you.

Im 5' 3" and size 8-10, so Id go for petite but not sure which size? Would a 10 be a bit too baggy? I went into town to try some on but my store didnt flippin have any in!

germyrabbit Thu 14-Feb-13 07:54:11

i have the next plain black hareems, wouldn't wear them out though they are just too 'loungewear' grin but must not underestimate the joy of loungewear!

wickedfairy Thu 14-Feb-13 07:47:23

Thanks for updating taller people!! Will order longer length

GingerLemonTea Wed 13-Feb-13 22:27:23

Got my hareems.
Am 5"8, 33 inside leg. Needed the tall ones.
Definitely keeping them for lounging about or exercise if nothing else.
However would rather keep them for being dressy. Tried them on quickly with vest top tucked in & slightly pulled out & blazer. Think it looked good, but still unsure on footwear.

Snowkey Sun 10-Feb-13 19:35:29

I was deliberately avoid the loungewear label. I have been spotted in Waitrose covered in mud following an exercise session in the park - people seemed to shuffle away from me, like I was contagious - I care not!! The pursuit of good food will not be hampered by an inappropriate outfit!!

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 10-Feb-13 19:25:49

Yes I can't See me shopping in Waitrose in themgrin
perfect for evenings though . Dare I say the word..loungewear?

Snowkey Sun 10-Feb-13 18:43:56

I'm 5ft 8 and have just bought the standard length hareems from Next - they are long enough, comfy, am slightly concerned with a baggy arse thing going on but I will probably keep them for dodging around the house.

poppy283 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:36:24

I think there are different spellings because it's a middle eastern word, ie different alphabet = no set spelling in our alphabet, if that makes sense!

I was cautious with harems at first, but once you get used to them you can wear lots of different ways. My favourite atm is boob tube, statement necklace, cropped jacket and clumpy wooden heels.

Mrsrobertduvall Sun 10-Feb-13 16:43:21

I'm six feet tall and size 12 and have just ordered a second pair of the next Tall harems.
They are so comfy...and actually look quite good. I bought another pair as I know the tall range sell quickly.

Roopoo Sat 09-Feb-13 13:52:53

It might just be my weeble shaped bodysad

I need something cheap to wear to the day part of a hen do next week....... Back to the drawing board...

Oh no Roopoo, I'm a bit taller but similar dress size. Such a shame! sad I'm waiting for mine to be delivered to store.

Roopoo Sat 09-Feb-13 13:00:11

Im size 16/18 and 33/34 inch leg.
Ordered 16 long... I looked a tuttle.
Length fine but it did my curved (fat) no favours... Gutted hmm

CointreauVersial Thu 07-Feb-13 13:30:14

Yup, Katy, same thing.

They probably put the extra "e" in because no-one knew how to pronounce it!

wickedfairy Thu 07-Feb-13 10:14:23

Roopoo, thanks! X

Roopoo Wed 06-Feb-13 19:21:10

Wicked Fairy Im 5ft 8 with 33 inch leg as well so will let you know smile

katykoo Wed 06-Feb-13 19:15:21

Are harem and hareem the same thing ??? Pronounced hareem? No idea. Don't think I have ever said either word out loud.

katykoo Wed 06-Feb-13 19:12:17

I too have the Next harems, I am size 10 and 5ft 4, went for the petite ones as they didn't gather so much at the ankle. After a styling session I have decided to wear them for a mum's night out on Friday with black heels and black silk t shirt, and some chunky jewellery, may even roll them up a bit like Cointreau suggested. Having tried on about 10 different tops, I have come to the conclusion that fitted tops are better. I have a lovely muffin top but they are very flattering even with the t shirt tucked in.

GingerLemonTea Wed 06-Feb-13 19:06:15

How do you pronounce harem? Why do next have hareem on website?

So fitted Ts and cardis sounding best so far. Mine will arrive on Saturday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now