Hairstyle needs a revamp. Any inspirational websites out there?

(10 Posts)
doglover Sun 03-Feb-13 18:37:54

I'm having my hair cut on Tuesday and am SO ready for a change! I'd really like to look at pics for ideas but the websites I've looked at seem to have a rather wacky appraoch to styles ....................... not really suitable for a 49 year old teacher who is persevering with the 'let's go grey' thread!! My hair is currently pretty thick and in a shoulder-length layered bob - and I am very much a wash'n'go sort of girl. Any ideas? TIA

doglover Sun 03-Feb-13 18:54:26

bump

HackneyCabbage Sun 03-Feb-13 18:55:58

I had mine cut yesterday and had put together this pinterest board have a look if there's anything there for you. I ended up going for the longish boyish cut, like the first 5 pics.....but anyway, i discovered pinterest is great for hair ideas. Or prowl through The Sartorialist blog - I love this woman's hair

doglover Sun 03-Feb-13 19:00:07

Many thanks, HC. I'm off to peruse .........................!!

MrsRogerSterling Sun 03-Feb-13 19:41:37

I was coming on to suggest Pinterest but I see HackneyCabbage has beaten me to it.

doglover Sun 03-Feb-13 19:48:32

Great minds think alike! I'm abit unsure how to use Pinterest (blush!!) ......... Do you just type into the search engine and see what pics come up?

MrsRogerSterling Sun 03-Feb-13 20:00:26

Yes do that. Change the wording around a bit to get different pics up. For instance when I was looking I put it, 'wavy bob' then 'wavy graduated bob' or wavy shoulder length hair'. I then saved my favourites and took them to the hairdressers with me. Tis fab!

doglover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:02:44

Thanks - I'm such a technophobe! Off to look now ..............

Lifeisontheup Sun 03-Feb-13 20:08:12

I could have written your post doglover. I seem to be stuck in a rut of a chin length rough dried bob. If you come up with ideas for hairstyles for a styling phobic 48 year old could you post links?

doglover Sun 03-Feb-13 20:09:39

It will a miracle if I do - see post above - but will my best !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now