Best cheap foundation

(29 Posts)
whyno Sun 03-Feb-13 09:09:02

Can't find a thread about this less than two years old and make up moves quickly! Anyone got any recommendations for really good cheap foundations? Been wearing Lancôme but I'm completely broke (and will be for next few years at least)!

ElectricMonk Mon 04-Feb-13 17:33:55

Prolific - I agree with the other posters that there's nothing wrong with Healthy Mix, it's a great foundation. Bourjois is the only drugstore brand of foundation that I'm happy to use - it's the perfect combination of long-wearing, natural-looking (i.e. not orange/pink) and friendly to sensitive/acne-prone skin. It's just rather beige in tone, so it might take a bit of fiddling to make it fit your complexion. Fortunately, it takes well to mixing with lots of different things so you don't need to worry if the shade looks a bit off straight out of the bottle! smile

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 04-Feb-13 17:45:49

Thank you smile I'm off to boots tomorrow to see what the shades are like.
It's so blooming hard to find a blend able dewy foundation, grr!

coffeeinbed Mon 04-Feb-13 18:18:12

Willy, do you actually moisturise well before putting foundation?
Might be a silly question, but if your skin not moisturised then foundation won't blend and stay patchy.

CountBapula Mon 04-Feb-13 18:22:54

I mix Healthy Mix with a tiny blob of Lancome Eclat Miracle highlighter. Makes it more sheer, tones down the yellowyness and gives a nice luminous finish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now