P&M Mariella in Toffee, anyone have one?

(40 Posts)
MonaLotte Wed 30-Jan-13 11:10:22

I've been drooling over this for a while and was wondering if anyone has one? Is it quite big?
Also does it end up like a big hole where it's difficult to find things?
I've been using my Lucia for a while and like the flat base as it's easy to stack everything neatly iykwim?!
Also is the cross body strap comfy or does it dig in, it looks quite narrow.
Thanks!

herbaceous Fri 01-Feb-13 12:40:01

I have the Mariella in aubergine, and love it. It is indeed just the colour of an aubergine! I like that it can expand to can cart about stuff for a preschooler (wipes, crayons, spare clothes) but when I take them out the bag kind of shrinks to fit the remaining stuff. Purse, phone, make-up, etc.

It could do with an internal divider, but I was thinking of getting one of those handbag organiser thingos.

MonaLotte Fri 01-Feb-13 12:37:04

No it's not patent I would say wet look almost. It is a lovely rich colour. I have two preschool kids so not enough room for all their stuff too :-/

madammecholet Fri 01-Feb-13 12:35:02

Sorry it was too small for you monalotte ;( It's fine for me, you say the colour was beautiful, the pink one i've got is shiny which I love, not quite patent but it has a lovely deep lustre, is this the same or is it patent?

MonaLotte Fri 01-Feb-13 12:22:14

Forgot to say I'm returning it sad

MonaLotte Fri 01-Feb-13 12:21:12

UPDATE:
sad
Well it arrived and it's a beautiful bag but not for me. It wasn't big enough actually! Because its so slouchy if you try and put lots in it it ends up sticking out lots like a ball. I also wasn't keen on the shininess either. Also the short strap looked awkward on my shoulder and the long strap is too long to be worn unless cross body.
The colour is more purple than rouge noir. It is in fact the exact colour of an aubergine. It's more purple than it looks in the pictures. The colour is beautiful but the bag just doesn't suit me.
Disappointed sad

MonaLotte Fri 01-Feb-13 10:29:16

Hooefully they'll bring out tan for autumn or maybe before. I am the same I want to be able to use it all the time. I already have the tan Lucia in the old style so think it was more sensible to go for a different colour in the Mariella. Also I wasn't keen in the shiny toffee but liked it in aubergine. Fingers crossed I like it when it arrives.

polyhymnia Fri 01-Feb-13 10:23:16

'neat' not 'near' enough!

polyhymnia Fri 01-Feb-13 10:22:06

Still on Mariella was saying I liked the new metallic but on reflection think with a bag that big such a large metallic surface might be OTT - in same way a I think this style is too large to be a bright red !

For metallic would go for P and M s clutch bag ( can't recall name) which is also cheaper and near enough to be an evening bag year round as well as a smallish daytime bag in summer.
Shame new Lucia isn't in tan. I see the point made about it being nice to have different bags for S/S but, if I pay that much, I don't want only to be able to use the bag for a few months if the year.

MonaLotte Fri 01-Feb-13 10:07:12

I'm in Aberdeen but thanks for the tip smile

You know there's a discount on the mn local site for Bath...
Hth

MonaLotte Fri 01-Feb-13 08:55:50

That's great customer service KristinaM!
I'm now stalking the postman! I love rouge noir madammecholet so will report back when it arrives.

KristinaM Fri 01-Feb-13 08:33:39

I woudl just like to say that I've had very good customer service from P&M. I had a small problem with the lock of my navy Lucia and they had another one made for me, as they are no longer in stock. And they were most apologetic

madammecholet Fri 01-Feb-13 07:55:12

Iwantavuvela does it look like chanel rouge noir? <crosses fingers>

iwantavuvezela Thu 31-Jan-13 19:54:27

I have the aubergine and love it! More of a deep rich brown in the dark and more purple like hues in bright light. Gorgeous bag.

MonaLotte Thu 31-Jan-13 19:53:36

You don't get tan in the new style just camel and dove grey I think.

MonaLotte Thu 31-Jan-13 19:52:27

I have the tan, it's a nice colour, not orangey at all. It looks like Thorntons toffee. The bag itself isn't heavy and I can fit quite a lot in it.
I have in it just now:
Purse
Filofax
Kindle
Makeup bag
Little pouch thing with wipes and a couple of nappies
Small umbrella
Brush
Keys
iPhone
Inhaler
Two reusable bags
Tommee tippee beaker

queribus Thu 31-Jan-13 19:45:28

Thanks smile

What colour Lucia do you have? I'm not sure about the tan. How heavy is it?

I'm hopeless at making decisions

MonaLotte Thu 31-Jan-13 19:41:25

I like the dove grey one queribus I don't think it looks like it would mark as much as a cream bag but you might have to be careful with transfer with dark denim. I have the old style lucia and love it!
The Mariella is coming tomorrow so will be able to compare for you smile

MonaLotte Thu 31-Jan-13 19:38:31

I will let you know madame smile

queribus Thu 31-Jan-13 19:36:01

OK, my birthday is coming up soon and I'm getting either the Lucia or the Mariella. But which one?.

I like the Lucia because it definitely is a shoulder bag which would work with a winter coat (IYSWIM). But I really like the slouchy shape of the Mariella, but I'm not sure about the strap. I don't like cross body bags either.

But I love the Mariella colours - especially the navy, and I'm considering the red when it comes out. I quite like the dove grey Lucia, but will it mark and be really dirty quickly?

Help me, please ....

madammecholet Thu 31-Jan-13 17:38:50

Straps never dig in with me shelley72 and i used as a DC's bag for about 2 years now... Its very light so you can stuff it with gubbins and its ok, iykwim.

shelley72 Thu 31-Jan-13 17:10:14

its because of S&B that i bought the lucia (which i do love). but now with another DC on the way i am looking for a changing bag that isnt a changing bag and is cross body. this looks gorgeous. i want it.
tell me. its really not suitable for use as a change bag is it? the straps will dig in won't they once its filled with nappies, wipes, clothes, toddler snacks, toys, books etc?!

madammecholet Thu 31-Jan-13 15:09:03

YAY monalotte i'm very envy... will you let me know if its a purple or more of a rouge noir (black with a tint) when it comes?

polyhymnia Thu 31-Jan-13 11:26:36

Yes do!

MonaLotte Thu 31-Jan-13 10:05:48

Ok I've gone for aubergine! The metallic looked too shiny for me. And I have other navy bags. I'm with you on the red one poly, I think it's too big a bag to be so bright for me, plus I don't have much red in my wardrobe.
Hope I love it! At least there are free returns if I don't like it so am only out on shipping.
Very excited. Will report back smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now