Blazers or a blazer-style jacket

(38 Posts)
IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 07:26:03

Still a good look?

I am on maternity leave and mainly wear Skinnies, tops that I can BF in (but not tunics smile) and cardis. Plus a ski coat for going outside at the moment! I feel like I'd like to smarten up a bit, so thinking of swapping the cardis for a blazer, possibly with a scarf. Especially looking ahead to spring. I'm thinking- something fairly casual (not going back to work just yet), maybe coloured, not dry clean as I have a little baby. Budget - up to £75 (but I do love a bargain). I'm tall.

So lovely S&B ladies, any suggestions?

Or maybe I need something else (ie not a blazer/jacket?)

Many thanks.

Doshusallie Wed 30-Jan-13 15:18:11

Had soft grey Next jacket delivered, tried it, love it, keeping it!!! grin Thanks Comely!! Taking t'other one back.

joliejolie Tue 29-Jan-13 13:13:04

Here I go mentioning Hobbs again. There are a few in the sale jackets section at AR that I like!

MarathonMama Tue 29-Jan-13 13:06:09

Oooh Dancer I love that!

comelywenchlywoo Tue 29-Jan-13 13:05:48

Ooooh Marathon what are you trying to do to me?!!! It's lovely, I love the £100 grey one too: piping: drool!

Alas i really don't think I'd get my post DS mammaries into the size 8. I already have a red woollen trench from Oasis in a size 8 that I can't bear to chuck, but can't shut either......

Style and Beauty is a dangerous place!!

Dancergirl Tue 29-Jan-13 12:32:53

Knew I shouldn't have looked at the Banana Republic site! I love this:

bananarepublic.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=58645&vid=1&pid=000233651SP04-13613

But £110.....!!

MarathonMama Tue 29-Jan-13 12:12:17

Comely - have you seen this

http://bananarepublic.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=45420&vid=1&pid=000233645O110-10316

ONly size 8 left (but they come up big imo) but dark straw with elbow patches - less than £40.

Also, I got a lovely jersey navy blazer in Zara after advice on MN [happy]

Doshusallie Tue 29-Jan-13 10:00:54

I like that Beaver, and it's a great price! can't go wrong with black....

Thanks Comely, I have ordered your one too, it's looks fab.

I heart the one Nikki was wearing, I love the elbow patches. That's what inspired me to look!

The spotty blouse was greyer than i thought it would be....it was pretty though.

Beaverfeaver Tue 29-Jan-13 09:50:46
comelywenchlywoo Mon 28-Jan-13 22:13:16

Dosh the blazer looks lovely: Nikki (from silent witness) would definitely approve (have you seen her straw coloured blazer? It has elbow patches. I want elbow patches envy )
If you don't mind getting both check out the other one too - the fabric was sooo soft (is it nearly Saturday yet?)

I hope the spotty blouse doesn't gape on me too.....I really like it, but I guess it'll save me some cash if it does gape....I've been a naughty girl this month, but hey, a Lady likes to look her best, right?

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 21:33:54

It is a dark grey. Tbh I really like the other one, so will order that too, and see which I like best and end up keeping both which is what always happens

IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 21:23:14

I like it too Dosh. It is smarter but not too smart. Looks more brown than grey from the online listing though. More grey IRL?

noddyholder Mon 28-Jan-13 20:51:41

yes definitely.

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 20:51:13

Still suitable for casual with jeans you think?

noddyholder Mon 28-Jan-13 20:49:59

Its lovely

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 20:48:49

Yes deffo bought wrong one..... What do you think?

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 20:45:04

So I went to next this afternoon and bought a grey blazer. But I don't think it is the one linked to on here...hmm. Not sure I'm going to keep it, it is very smart....too smart?

I also tried on the spotty top.....and it gaped even in the size I am. Would have had to buy a size up, which would have been massive everywhere else. Denim shirt fits a treat though. smile

comelywenchlywoo Mon 28-Jan-13 17:24:08

Dosh I think if was work I would wear a cami for certain, but if it were 'of an evening' you might not need it. It is sheer anyway.

I get the gapey at the boobs thing too! It drives me nuts. I often have to wear a cami under a shirt and then open the top few buttons, or wear a bigger unflattering size.

Ice I was determined to wear my Blazer regardless of the weather so threw it one with a big scarf and went (only in the car though, I'm not completely hard-core!)

IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 14:42:04

Gah. Should say: bit disappointed to look outside and realise it is still winter. Boo.

IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 14:41:16

Hi mrscog. Looking forward to a bit of shopping now! Although I'm now thinking about spring/summer clothes. Bit disappointed to lo

mrscog Mon 28-Jan-13 14:38:03

<waves> at OP. I bought a jacket from H&M just after I had DS - it got me out of a million style issues last summer - I basically just threw it on over whatever else I had on at the time and then I looked much better! Mine was jerseyish - I can't really describe the fabric... but it was a light navy colour.

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 14:37:24

thanks, yes I am hoping it won't gape at the boobs.

I love the spotty one, would look lovely with black palazzo work troos and a waistcoat. Do you think you need a cami under it?

IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 14:33:22

Thank you so much all! Some lovely ones here. I think my favourite from the links is the Next grey one, pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

Arf at comely's Breton ref. Naughty. smile

comelywenchlywoo Mon 28-Jan-13 14:26:06

I like your demin shirt Dosh will be really versatile.

comelywenchlywoo Mon 28-Jan-13 14:24:55

I've found the shirts online, now seeing them on the model I think I might prefer the stripe...but the spot probably still goes best with the blazer colourwise.

I like the Boden Breadwinner Blazer, but I feel I can dress the Next one with skinny jeans etc more successfully - also I love the contrast lining in the sleeves of the Next one, I plan on rolling them up when the weather allows.

I used to wear New look jeans before I began my Next dalliance. They were really good. Washed really well etc.

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 13:59:23

please link to spotted blouse?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now