Blazers or a blazer-style jacket

(38 Posts)
IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 07:26:03

Still a good look?

I am on maternity leave and mainly wear Skinnies, tops that I can BF in (but not tunics smile) and cardis. Plus a ski coat for going outside at the moment! I feel like I'd like to smarten up a bit, so thinking of swapping the cardis for a blazer, possibly with a scarf. Especially looking ahead to spring. I'm thinking- something fairly casual (not going back to work just yet), maybe coloured, not dry clean as I have a little baby. Budget - up to £75 (but I do love a bargain). I'm tall.

So lovely S&B ladies, any suggestions?

Or maybe I need something else (ie not a blazer/jacket?)

Many thanks.

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 20:51:13

Still suitable for casual with jeans you think?

noddyholder Mon 28-Jan-13 20:51:41

yes definitely.

IceNoSlice Mon 28-Jan-13 21:23:14

I like it too Dosh. It is smarter but not too smart. Looks more brown than grey from the online listing though. More grey IRL?

Doshusallie Mon 28-Jan-13 21:33:54

It is a dark grey. Tbh I really like the other one, so will order that too, and see which I like best and end up keeping both which is what always happens

comelywenchlywoo Mon 28-Jan-13 22:13:16

Dosh the blazer looks lovely: Nikki (from silent witness) would definitely approve (have you seen her straw coloured blazer? It has elbow patches. I want elbow patches envy )
If you don't mind getting both check out the other one too - the fabric was sooo soft (is it nearly Saturday yet?)

I hope the spotty blouse doesn't gape on me too.....I really like it, but I guess it'll save me some cash if it does gape....I've been a naughty girl this month, but hey, a Lady likes to look her best, right?

Beaverfeaver Tue 29-Jan-13 09:50:46
Doshusallie Tue 29-Jan-13 10:00:54

I like that Beaver, and it's a great price! can't go wrong with black....

Thanks Comely, I have ordered your one too, it's looks fab.

I heart the one Nikki was wearing, I love the elbow patches. That's what inspired me to look!

The spotty blouse was greyer than i thought it would be....it was pretty though.

MarathonMama Tue 29-Jan-13 12:12:17

Comely - have you seen this

http://bananarepublic.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=45420&vid=1&pid=000233645O110-10316

ONly size 8 left (but they come up big imo) but dark straw with elbow patches - less than £40.

Also, I got a lovely jersey navy blazer in Zara after advice on MN [happy]

Dancergirl Tue 29-Jan-13 12:32:53

Knew I shouldn't have looked at the Banana Republic site! I love this:

bananarepublic.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=58645&vid=1&pid=000233651SP04-13613

But £110.....!!

comelywenchlywoo Tue 29-Jan-13 13:05:48

Ooooh Marathon what are you trying to do to me?!!! It's lovely, I love the £100 grey one too: piping: drool!

Alas i really don't think I'd get my post DS mammaries into the size 8. I already have a red woollen trench from Oasis in a size 8 that I can't bear to chuck, but can't shut either......

Style and Beauty is a dangerous place!!

MarathonMama Tue 29-Jan-13 13:06:09

Oooh Dancer I love that!

joliejolie Tue 29-Jan-13 13:13:04

Here I go mentioning Hobbs again. There are a few in the sale jackets section at AR that I like!

Doshusallie Wed 30-Jan-13 15:18:11

Had soft grey Next jacket delivered, tried it, love it, keeping it!!! grin Thanks Comely!! Taking t'other one back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now