Any blusher recommendations?

(23 Posts)
insertsomethingwitty Sun 27-Jan-13 21:01:55

I need a new blusher. I currently have a Dior one which quality wise seems fine but it is the wrong colour for me, so needs replacing.

Anyone have any recommendations of a good brand to try, I would rather not pay premium rates if there is a cheaper one that is good, but will if necessary.

Mollie272 Sun 27-Jan-13 21:23:22

I really like Nars for powder blush, but more recently have been using the Liz Earle cream blush and really like it.

greedygoose Sun 27-Jan-13 21:24:18

Nars Orgasm - only one for me....

ggirl Sun 27-Jan-13 21:26:58

I love benefit cha cha liquid one.
It's a coral colour and stays put for ages .

emsyj Sun 27-Jan-13 21:27:43

I've got the NARS Orgasm one and I quite like it, but the Superdrug MUA range has one that's a duplicate shade and it's only £1. It's about 85% as good I reckon.

Also quite like the Lily Lolo mineral loose powder blushers, and there's a MAC cream one that is nice but looks quite shocking in the container. I think blush needs to be tried on as the ones that look natural on your face usually look bloody awful in the compact.

I love Benetint. It's expensive but lasts forever. For cheaper ones I rate the Max Factor creme blush in a really bright doll-cheek pink, and a Soap And Glory one with lots of colours in one, so you sweep the brush and mix.

insertsomethingwitty Sun 27-Jan-13 21:32:16

Thank you, the Clinque one has good reviews on the Boots website, has anyone tried that?

Sleek's rose gold (about £5) IS Nars Orgasm, I swear. Same colour, same texture, same intensity, practically the same packaging. I am a MUA and Sleek come highly recommended!

Otherwise I love Benefit's Dandelion for pale brunettes and Hervana for blondes.

QuinnFabray Sun 27-Jan-13 21:34:44

Nothing beats Nars, in my experience, yes especially Orgasm. However, Natural Collection for £1.99 and MUA for a quid, do the job well. They don't last as long in the pan, but do well on the face, and for that money, you can't complain. I think Natural Collection do one called Pink Cloud which is very nice. NYX do great cream blusher for about £5 I think, but you have to order these online.

notnowImreading Sun 27-Jan-13 21:35:15

I love Benetint too, but amazingly the one called 'Chit Chat' from Poundland seems to be exactly the same, if you want to try something for a pound.

peachypips Sun 27-Jan-13 21:53:41

I have Clinique. Love it as it has a subtle shimmer.

cocolepew Sun 27-Jan-13 21:55:48

I like Maybellines cream ones.

EllenParsons Mon 28-Jan-13 02:23:05

My favourites are Clinique and Lancôme. I also really like NARS but I prefer deep throat to orgasm.

Sheldonella Mon 28-Jan-13 15:37:45

I'm intrigued by the MUA ones that are supposed to be the same as the Nars as I'm running out of my Orgasm. Which shades are supposed to be a match?

PeggyGuggenheim Mon 28-Jan-13 19:43:28

Natural Collection which I think is a Boots own brand, have a blusher called Pink Cloud which is brilliant - lovely colour, natural, and it lasts. Worth a try at £2 or something of the sort!!

MacAndCheese Tue 29-Jan-13 21:18:21

Nars.

Mac do some nice ones, I currently use "sun basque"

Benefit have a new cream one out, I don't know the name unfortunately.

Benefit also do coralista which is a powder, and their tints are quite nice too.

StinkyWicket Tue 29-Jan-13 22:22:30

My faves are Benefit Coralista and Hoola - for pink I like Blossom by Barbara Daly at Tesco. Just the right muted pink that doesn't fight with my eyes or lips. It's also a duo so if you have a small enough brush you could use to highlight and contour.

StinkyWicket Tue 29-Jan-13 22:26:35

Sheldonella for an Orgasm dupe hmm try this blog. Apparently Orgasm is very dupe-able!

K2ZJH Tue 29-Jan-13 22:27:23

the body shops own. I love it so much I have their foundation, blusher, concealer, mascara, eye liner and eye shadow infact my whole make up bag is body shop smile

HomeTweetHome Wed 30-Jan-13 04:26:06

I second benetint. I don't like to wear loads of makeup but when I put 3 stripes of this and then blend my face suddenly looks like I have been to a health farm for 6 months. Love, love love it!

SaladIsMyFriend Wed 30-Jan-13 10:14:55

I second Nars Orgasm, I always wore it before getting into mineral make-up instead. Gives any face an instant lift.

YummyDollie Wed 30-Jan-13 13:32:18

MAC - Pink Swoon or MAC - Garb (possibly may of been a limited edition one)

Dawndonna Wed 30-Jan-13 16:38:56

I like Liz Earle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now