Would you buy a Mulberry handbag off EBay?

(67 Posts)
akaemmafrost Thu 24-Jan-13 00:13:12

It's looking increasingly unlikely that I will ever be able to afford brand new and perusing eBay there are some lovely classics on there that seem reputable. Would you risk it? Have you? Thanks.

Chopstheduck Fri 25-Jan-13 07:18:05

I love Bicester, got a few of mine there. I usually pick them up on holidays in outlets too. Got my Gucci in a swiss outlet for about 1/3 of the UK price.

janmoomoo Fri 25-Jan-13 13:13:41

I bought a mulberry bayswater off ebay. It checks out against all the things it is supposed to have and look like and I am pretty sure it is genuine. You just need to be careful and know what you are looking for the signs. If you google it you will find some info about what to look for.

Agree with previous post that buying a well used one is better as not only is it nicely worn in but more likely to be genuine.

Having said that I don't use mine as much as I thought I would and am considering selling it but am worried I wont get much for it on ebay as people will think it is fake. Bah.

janji Sat 26-Jan-13 00:23:28

I always buy my mulberry bags in the online sales or from the York outlet.

Mishahrouri Mon 01-Apr-13 14:14:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Penny21 Thu 13-Jun-13 20:02:00

I wont list the bayswateri have for sale on ebay as there are so many fakes sad i do use TPF if i ever see a bag on there but i use the outlets alot, if you know anyone whos interested in buying a genuine mulberry bayswater let me know smile

lateSeptember1964 Thu 13-Jun-13 20:13:10

I have bought and sold Mulberry on Ebay. I checked out with the Purse Forum prior to bidding. I usually look for bags where there is a receipt and where you can have some dialogue with the seller.

MoodyDidIt Thu 13-Jun-13 20:52:51

if you take it to a mulberry shop and they say its fake ebay will refund you the money, they are really hot on this and will always rule in favour of the buyer

i imagine there are lots of fakes on there though that no one bothers checking out once they have bought them. although otoh it means you can get a real bargain thats genuine, i did (see other thread lol)

seizetheafternoon Thu 13-Jun-13 23:16:40

Well this thread answers my question about whether to try sell my old Mulberry bag on ebay! Guess not.

MoodyDidIt Fri 14-Jun-13 08:30:13

pre loved is good for selling designer bags seized

and i would still try ebay, its worth a go and the audience is huge

what mulberry bag have you got, erm, just out of interest blush

ilovewoody Fri 14-Jun-13 09:15:57

I've got a Mulberry messenger bag that I've barely used so was going to sell it on eBay but not sure now. I can see it from the buyers point of view that you would be worried about fakes. Not familiar with pre loved so will check it out

Tweetinat Fri 14-Jun-13 15:08:38

I can vouch for the authenticity of the bags sold through Labels Most Wanted. I have known the owner of this site for the last 4 years and have bought genuine products from her before.

Mummynotmum Fri 14-Jun-13 15:52:28

Desperate for a black bayswater if anyone is thinking of selling one! wink

seizetheafternoon Fri 14-Jun-13 18:07:08

Oh OK Moody. I don't know what mine is called. I must have had it for about 15 years at least and used it about 3! It's black, sort of crocodile, shiny leather with a longish leather shoulder strap. It's oblong and quite shallow depthwise. You could get a brolly in it and a purse/bit of make up, keys etc. I don't have a camera or I could post a pic. I don't know why I've never used it because it's really plain and very nice. But I just haven't. I remember I got it in either Harrods or Selfridges in London when I was feeling v flush smile

andadietcoke Fri 14-Jun-13 19:11:08

I'm another one that was previously considering selling 3 or 4 bags on eBay to fund imminent twin arrival and will now look at selling through a third party. I have receipts for everything and dust bags etc but I don't want to risk someone deciding they're fakes if eBay always side with the buyer.

BellaVita Fri 14-Jun-13 19:14:09

No.

MoodyDidIt Fri 14-Jun-13 22:42:11

omg, that labels most wanted site! <sigh> at beautiful bags

<sits on hands to avoid making any rash purchases>

sleepdodger Sat 15-Jun-13 07:42:13

thislittlep I am so envy at the carter
I made dh detour via somerset shop on way back from hol because I was after one
It was 850 to 750confused so didn't get it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now