Are bootcut jeans still fashionable?

(60 Posts)
retrocutie Wed 23-Jan-13 06:15:46

Hi, I am looking for some new jeans and still haven't managed to shift the baby weight, so skinnies are out. I was just wondering if bootcut jeans are still fashionable, or is there an alternative? Thanks.

MarshaBrady Wed 23-Jan-13 16:17:12

Lol Amber. Love it grin.

finlaysmum12 Wed 23-Jan-13 16:41:47

CATCHINGMOCKINGBIRDS- which high rise skinnies do you have please?
I have a pair of navy ones from N*xt and love them-so comfortable and hold in the tum! (and don't flash your bum when you sit down!)

NoveltySlippers Wed 23-Jan-13 16:55:03

I have four words to suggest if you'd like to try skinnies but generally find them awful.... Not Your Daughter's Jeans!!

So very expensive (requires new mortgage), but so very forgiving and a blessed relief if you find low rise jeans give you muffin top. Actually worth the pounds (range from about £115-£130-ish), and believe me, I am not an expensive clothes buyer usually.

Catchingmockingbirds Wed 23-Jan-13 18:20:49

I have a pair of black ones from Next I think, a pair of wine coloured, really dark navy/purpley, and light blue all from New Look, and 2 pairs from Primark in different shades of blue too. smile

polyhymnia Wed 23-Jan-13 18:28:35

Second the recommendation for NYDJ skinnies - I have about 4 pairs and really like them. Well worth the money in terms of confidence.

Saw NYDJ in TK last week...

babySophieRose Wed 23-Jan-13 18:40:16

Very untrendy, buy strait leg or skiny if you could wear them, or chinos if you can't.

polyhymnia Wed 23-Jan-13 20:28:48

Not sure what very untrendy refers to - if NYDJ don't know if you've ever actually seen them on anyone but
they can certainly look stylish if you choose the right pair for you and put them together with the right things.

justasecond Wed 23-Jan-13 21:37:15

AmberN I remember that look well and I had a Dior saddlebag too! My one and only designer bag purchase ever, what was I thinking?!! Its languishing at the bottom of my wardrobe now.

wildfig Wed 23-Jan-13 22:11:57

dewdr0p I know what you mean! grin But I've got the very attractive combo of chunky thighs and sturdy calves, so there really isn't an area of my leg that I'm happy to outline in skinnies. Maybe I'm actually more of a courgette leg. [fear face]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now