I'm off to America which jeans should I look at?

(18 Posts)
ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sat 12-Jan-13 09:38:49

Brand called "Not your daughter's jeans" smile

bishboschone Sat 12-Jan-13 09:35:27

Buy not but

bishboschone Sat 12-Jan-13 09:35:13

I'm short, but the jeans you love and get them shortened . I have never not bought fabulous jeans because of the length. A lot of stores in the US will shorten anyway .

mysteryfairy Sat 12-Jan-13 08:58:59

I would recommend looking in the uk sales now... Donna Ida and Harvey Nichols. When I was in New York in October I didn't come across anything like the low prices/selection currently available in the end of these uk sales. You can pick up lots of pairs for £50ish at moment. Most sites give inside leg length so I guess you need to be checking those and tending towards the 29s?

Stevie77 Sat 12-Jan-13 00:34:23

You best have a look at a Macy's (you get 10% off if you take your passport to customer services) or another dept store like Nordstrom. They tend to hold a range of premium denim.

Can't advise on brand, none of these ever look good on me and I still bulk at paying $160 a pair (unless you're lucky and an outlet happens to have your style an size).

Have fun though, came back from the States today and have single handedly revived the American economy with my spending grin

bluecheesedip Sat 12-Jan-13 00:08:00

drywhiteplease s'ok I have long ago embraced my short arsedness grin

Orlando....grin

NatashaBee Fri 11-Jan-13 23:56:52

I really like Old Navy. But if you're looking to spend a bit more, I'd find out if there's an outlet mall near you - some really good designer bargains in those. Or try a Macys - lots of nice brands there, i think some of them have style consultants to help you find what suits. Whereabouts are you going?

Making list...

paddingtonbear1 Fri 11-Jan-13 23:50:05

I'd go for Paige, J Brand or Hudson.

Argh rogue apostrophe.

I am 5'4 and find 7's way too long. J brand are fine for me.

Are 7 for all mankind or J Brand any good for short arsed me ?<apologises to * bluecheese*>

joliejolie Fri 11-Jan-13 23:17:29

Paige are great, but expensive. I personally love how my bum looks in True Religion, though they can be a bit OTT in style and might even be a bit...passé. There are a few understated styles out there.

Paige, Goldsign or Citizens of Humanity.

Old Navy got slated on a link on another thread sad.

bluecheesedip Fri 11-Jan-13 21:59:39

Even littler - 5ft1 smile. I always buy jeans from Old Navy - they have loads of different washes/styles. They're part of Gap I think but I've never got on with Gap jeans whereas I always find something at ON. (they have a website too)

S and B I fancy treating myself to a nice pair of jeans when I go to the US at Easter.
I'm 5ft3.....prefer a straight/cigarette leg to skinny in a vintage wash but maybe I need a dark wash?. Currently live in last years Next straight cut, vintage wash petite size 8...sometimes roll up to ankle grazer/boyfriend look.
In Gap I'm size 26/30 in real straight which are about an inch too long and are horrid anyway.
Any little ladies out there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now