what PLANET do the sunday times fashion people live on?

(79 Posts)
BadDog Sun 06-Jan-13 12:58:19

1. the trouser suit is coming back in - I mean - do they not knwo anyone with a proper job for which they have to dress smartly?

2. a hair product kept her styled curls in place for TEN DAYS - ERGHH grosss! wash your hair lady!

grin at Office Job Barbie.
There is a sub set of suit polyester that looks like you could strike a match off it.

I think the coloured trouser (sic) will be the thing for Spring. Possibly at 7/8 length so we can all have frozen ankles. Or should that be ankle.

That was a genuine cross post, promise!

fridgepants Wed 09-Jan-13 15:45:17

I once found an Alexander McQueen suit jacket in Help The Aged for £4.50. It was my interview jacket for years. I never got why someone would bother paying that much for a suit until I realised how well it fitted - it was designed for an actual figure rather than fitting like a school blazer with my norks awkwardly squished underneath.

I went to a temp agency when I was last unemployed and was told that in the City I'd be expected to wear a suit and heels - god knows how much it would cost to get stuff that actually fits me properly if I was doing that every day. I have size 9 feet for a start. I always wanted to get a Bravissimo shirt when I had to wear office-y clothing every day but I couldn't afford it at the time - luckily those shirts that fastened with hooks and eyes were popular then.

MarshaBrady Wed 09-Jan-13 21:00:48

I used to have a Saba (Aus) black suit. My first proper job in London. Argh I hated that job. Marketing something. Haven't had one for over ten years.

The Guardian seems to make everything look the same regardless of what they are wearing. A bit worthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now