what PLANET do the sunday times fashion people live on?

(79 Posts)
BadDog Sun 06-Jan-13 12:58:19

1. the trouser suit is coming back in - I mean - do they not knwo anyone with a proper job for which they have to dress smartly?

2. a hair product kept her styled curls in place for TEN DAYS - ERGHH grosss! wash your hair lady!

Ah, no, must be original <snob>
Or Isabel Marant ones as soon as I win the lottery

Love my pistols. Dickers have v thin sole, not practical. Pistols are very sturdy.

I do hate all this wanky 'mum uniform' drivel. It's just clothes really isn't it? I'm willing to bet a lot of childless women are wearing skinny jeans and ankle boots too - its winter, what are we expected to wear? Plus fours and gladiator sandals?

As for trousers suits, I work in a very professional environment and I haven't seen any make an appearance. Not even hideous purple and orange Prada ones.

If I wore suits at work, I'd wear trouser suits.
As it is, it's all smart trousers and tops - anything (demure) goes as long as it's washable grin.

Amber, I cannot justify the Pistols, and Dickers are far too high fashion for me. Good to know they are not practical grin.
I have been monitoring ebay obsessively for well-preserved Pistols... ST Style editors would be appalled!!

MaureenShit Sun 06-Jan-13 21:42:30

Where I work trousers suits v practical
Hilarious they think they were ever out

Pinot Mon 07-Jan-13 13:26:51

I think our Mo is the column at the back. That's how I see you in my head. I forget what she's bloody called though - you know the one I mean.

ggirl Mon 07-Jan-13 13:31:08

god yes the fashion bit is so ridiculous ..or do all you Londoners dress like that.

love the ST style mag , loved the bit about cliches in the home ...phew ! none in mine

ggirl Mon 07-Jan-13 13:32:01

mrs mills

she's v sensible lady

Pinot Mon 07-Jan-13 13:53:40

Mrs Mills, that's her! Love it.

gazzalw Mon 07-Jan-13 13:58:10

DW loves Style but laughs (with envy) at the cost of the clothes - after paying all the essentials including food from the joint account monies, she couldn't even afford one of the expensive (yes, I know it's all comparative) items without bankrupting the account for the month.... We have always been Sunday Times readers but I do wonder what % of the readership regularly buys the calibre of clothes they include in Style...

101handbags Mon 07-Jan-13 14:32:07

The style supplement is indeed a hoot & surely not to be taken seriously. I read it on the train & have a good giggle to myself. Mrs Mills' column is long past its sell-by date. But I have to read it every week, I just have to...

wriggletto Mon 07-Jan-13 15:19:04

compare and contrast with the Guardian Saturday magazine fashion double spread - five models of different ages none of which seem to correspond with mine, all wearing strangely shaped orange ponchos and tweed cigarette pants with gold brogues, staring intensely into the middle distance, as if in a police line-up for someone who's just robbed an Oxfam shop.

blueemerald Mon 07-Jan-13 19:34:00

What annoys me about the Guardian fashion line up is yeah sure, they're a variety of ages but still all teeny tiny stick thin. What's the challenge/point there?

LifeofPo Mon 07-Jan-13 19:38:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WildThong Mon 07-Jan-13 20:45:01

Tethers
The 10 day miracle hair product is Show Thermal Protect backed by Tamara Ecclestone, available February, £36. Sunday Times said it was seriously effective. I wo der if it will work on straight hair too?

MaureenShit Mon 07-Jan-13 20:45:52

Nautical. Every spring. Military every autumn.

NEVER. Aviation chic

MaureenShit Mon 07-Jan-13 20:47:06

Like biggles. ;)

LifeofPo Mon 07-Jan-13 20:47:16

MaureenShit Mon 07-Jan-13 20:47:52

Guardian. Bloody carthorse Morley standing spaffily

LifeofPo Mon 07-Jan-13 20:48:10

MaureenShit Mon 07-Jan-13 20:48:13

Power plant operative chic. A la Homer.

MaureenShit Mon 07-Jan-13 20:48:33

I'VE GOT IT.

Tabard chic

LifeofPo Mon 07-Jan-13 20:49:08

LifeofPo Mon 07-Jan-13 20:50:11

ggirl Mon 07-Jan-13 21:10:38

I think we're due for some Victorian chic , petticoats and cotton embroidered blouses and nighties

Pinot Tue 08-Jan-13 09:26:25

Hope so, ggirl. I've got the arse to fill a bustled skirt hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now