what PLANET do the sunday times fashion people live on?

(79 Posts)
BadDog Sun 06-Jan-13 12:58:19

1. the trouser suit is coming back in - I mean - do they not knwo anyone with a proper job for which they have to dress smartly?

2. a hair product kept her styled curls in place for TEN DAYS - ERGHH grosss! wash your hair lady!

DameFannyGallopsBEHINDyou Sun 06-Jan-13 13:09:14

What's not smart about a trouser suit?

BadDog Sun 06-Jan-13 13:24:44

sorry - I mean they were syaing they are coming back in.
ANYONe with a job where they have to dress smartly EmBRACES the trouser suit etc

FrancesFarmer Sun 06-Jan-13 14:26:17

It's the same with most fashion magazines - their idea of what constitutes appropriate workwear is always askew.

I like the Style Magazine but I see it as a foray into a bizarro wonderland rather than a guide to reality!

MaureenShit Sun 06-Jan-13 14:27:28

tbh no shop does good workwear do they? unless you want to spend mega bucks at Jigsaw or wherever, you are left with Next Polyester or Marks obsession with sleeveless dresses in winter.

I find the Style supplement hilarious. Is it not meant to be funny?

Charliefox Sun 06-Jan-13 14:28:04

Does anyone actually pay attention to what's in or out? I would never think, oh, apparently, trouser suits are soooo last season, so I'd better not wear mine.

WipsGlitter Sun 06-Jan-13 14:30:04

The Q&A bit is fab. She is incapable of sticking to the budget people request. She does pick some lovely stuff though.

Arisbottle Sun 06-Jan-13 14:30:19

I have to admit that I do not really wear that many trouser suits and neither do me colleagues. Most of us wear dresses and a jacket or a skirt suit.

Charliefox Sun 06-Jan-13 14:30:34

I always wonder about the m and s sleeveless dresses too. I mean, what the hell do you wear with them? A shirt underneath looks bulky and messy IMO and a jacket over is too formal and starchy. I like Kookai for workwear.

I am so fussy about clothes (fit, cut, colour, texture) that if I were to worry about trends as well, I would never buy anything!

MaureenShit Sun 06-Jan-13 14:32:03

You do look a abit Apprentice in suits all the time too

Arisbottle Sun 06-Jan-13 14:32:23

I don't buy my workwear from Marks but have a few sleeveless dresses which are perfect for under jackets.

You could also wear a cardigan if you wanted to soften the look.

MaureenShit Sun 06-Jan-13 14:32:26

i laughed a LOT at todays wardrobe mistress

the mum uniform - very apt

tethersend Sun 06-Jan-13 15:48:46

Hang on- which product keeps your hair in place for TEN DAYS?

I have no shame, I need to know.

MarshaBrady Sun 06-Jan-13 15:51:05

I like the ST Style. We get it online now which is even faster to scroll through.

I can't get on with the Guardian one at all these days and don't get it, find it a bit drab.

Booyhoo Sun 06-Jan-13 15:58:00

tbh workwear doesn't really change every season the same way fashion does so there isn't really much they can do in the style piece that you wont have seen already. workwear has to be practical and tried and tested lasts because it works.

CambridgeBlue Sun 06-Jan-13 16:54:23

What did they think was a mum uniform Maureen? Was it the same as on here (boot cut jeans/ block heeled boots/ fleece/ tunic etc)?

MaureenShit Sun 06-Jan-13 16:59:28

no the ankleboot skinnny jeans affair

louwn Sun 06-Jan-13 17:04:23

Not everyone wears a trouser suit to work...dress and jacket looks smarter and more stylish in general I think. I feel like a bit of an idiot in a trouser suit for some reason!

I love the ST Style supplement - it is the first thing I read on a Sunday.

It is totally bonkers grin. And I am not terribly interested in fashion. Or in ways of youngifying myself. Or in shoes that are £800+ and have 6+in heels. But what fun!!

I sprayed tea over the magazine at the mum uniform bit... having said that, I crave those ACNE pistol boots blush.

MaureenShit Sun 06-Jan-13 17:06:04

i hatae the ipad app

MaureenShit Sun 06-Jan-13 17:07:15
mckenzie Sun 06-Jan-13 17:10:28

please stop! The newsagent had sold out of the Times today and so had the supermarkets. i haven't had my Style fix and i'm getting twitchy smile

MarshaBrady Sun 06-Jan-13 17:15:53

IPad is ok, prefer paper but dh is quick with the download. I only get it for Style don't even go for ST magazine part anymore.

But can't find the ankle boot bit. Looking again.

Rubbish when they do loads on men's style. Pah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now