A & W - come back now!

(80 Posts)
Fourpawedwondermutt Wed 02-Jan-13 23:17:34

That's an instruction, not a request! S & B just isn't the same without you sad

TheSandstoneCat Thu 03-Jan-13 18:23:45

Lovely coat Teacake but I am never confident about Zara sizes. Not sure they really do 5'9" 12/14 heffalumps like me smile

Always best to try on for sure! But you would be so suited to the brands I really love (but can't risk) like APC and Hobbs, I think!

doghouse Thu 03-Jan-13 19:07:26

Oh yes, please come back wise and avid crew! I will make it my new year resolution to post rather than just lurk; promise!

ANNELINE Thu 03-Jan-13 19:17:07

Lovely coat TT As soon as I get a minute I will buy this shirt which is lovely in real life.

Great to see A&W back. S&B has missed you.

ALittleLemonTwist Thu 03-Jan-13 19:22:07

Oh I miss A&W too. The thread was a wonderful inspiration when I lost my style mojo a couple of years back. Fab links both high end and high street for all sorts of styles. They were well fab. Come back!

QuinnFabray Thu 03-Jan-13 19:33:14

I totally read the title as Autumn and Winter, rather than Avid and Wise.

ANNELINE Thu 03-Jan-13 19:39:28

I agree Lemon there was something for everyone on A&W.

If we all keep posting and linking I'm sure we can tempt them out of hibernation wink

TheSandstonecat Zara sizing is nuts. I am shorter than you but similar size and have all sizes from s - xl Think they must have a factory that just adds labels at random

FrancesFarmer Thu 03-Jan-13 19:45:03

Let's keep this going - I posted in A&W a few times back in the days. I could never keep up with the "personals" but I love the idea of sharing inspiration and buys.

Will post some links later to stuff I have ordered recently or things I'm thinking of ordering.

Toasted Teacups, do you know, I've been following your tumblr for ages. You have impeccable style.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 19:49:47

Well I am on a strict budget but want the following:

- some new skinnies when I hit goal weight [day one of low carbing] and am very much liking the look of these but my budget is likely to be more this
- silvery grey t-shirt and lightweight jumper
- bright clutch like this
- a pretty white blouse rather like the one Miranda Brooks is wearing in the new US vogue if anyone has seen it. So Marant but would like at Zara price but needs to be cotton as I loathe viscose blouses.

justasecond Thu 03-Jan-13 19:50:09

I ordered this today on a whim. Does anyone have it? I was seduced by the reduction
www.atterleyroad.com/outlet/coats/grassmere-oversized-coat.html

FrancesFarmer Thu 03-Jan-13 19:50:41

To start with, I was quite disappointed with the Brora sale that started today - none of the items I like were discounted!

I am torn between this colourful Vintage-style jumper and one of these possibly more sensible jumpers.

/Ponders

But aren't the MN Vogue threads basically W&A? I don't read them because a) they get huge so quickly and b) I think I live quite a different lifestyle to most of the people on there, as in I don't want designer jeans etc - but I thought MN Vogue basically was the same people as on W&A?

I also opened this because I thought it was about Autumn Winter!

I see so many people on here buying things that they love from Zara, but when I go in it just looks like a jumble sale of v poor quality stuff. And I object to needing a large when I'm a size 10-12ish.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 19:53:42

I find zara very hit and miss remus - the coats are good but the rest doesn't really work on me. And far too much polyester for my liking.

justasecond Thu 03-Jan-13 19:53:59

The sizing in Zara is crazy. I have things in my wardrobe ranging from xs to xl!

Meggles76 Thu 03-Jan-13 19:56:42

Lol... Another one here who thought we were talking Autumn / Winter!!
My current wishlist goes something like this:
Fitted long sleeve shirt
leather peep toes
leather clutch
spring jumper
cotton short sleeve loose fit blouse

Yes - it's you who always seems to find lovely things in there iirc! Is it you with the studded coat?

ANNELINE Thu 03-Jan-13 19:58:59

That clutch is beautiful MrsCampbellBlack I'm sure there will be a 30% code soon.

uptheamp Thu 03-Jan-13 19:59:06

what is A and W?

i was thinking you wanted the autumn/winter range back again grin

TheSandstoneCat Thu 03-Jan-13 19:59:06

I love MN Vogue but it can be a bit high end for me whereas W&A was always more of a mix - would happily follow them both. What is tumblr and can I follow you on it Teacake <slavish dedication!>

TheSandstoneCat Thu 03-Jan-13 20:00:14

Oops A & W,not W & A!!

gladyoucame Thu 03-Jan-13 20:00:51

Yes please come back W&A I miss you and MN Vogue thread died a bit. I promise to post rather than just lurk!

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 20:02:59

I do have the studded coat which is really nice and have worn a lot as this winter has been so mild.

Anneline - I'm hoping for a code soon.

The Avid & Wise threads were started umm about 2 years ago and arose out of a thread about not spending for a year blush - we didn't quite grasp that bit.

There were lots of regular posters and lots of people met in real life. It all sort of ended over the summer though for a variety of reasons.

But quite a few of the people who used to post on there still post on s&b but its more disparate.

ALittleLemonTwist Thu 03-Jan-13 20:07:35

My favourite recent purchase is from Primark! Don't normally venture in there but I got a fab fitted tube maxi skirt with side split so not mega fitted iyswim. Has one of those waist bands you can just hoik up. Lovely thick fabric, in navy for £8!! Will be fab for spring. I had a very similar one from Gap last summer which I lived in.

Other purchases too boring to link.

shopafrolic Thu 03-Jan-13 20:09:30

Lots of A&W posters are now on the Vogue thread. I only recently joined the thread and can't afford the high end things but like to dream. It did die a bit over Christmas but it's coming back to life again now and I think SS collections will revive it!

It is very pebbly faustina, I have wanted one for so long. I was out at 7am on boxing day to fight for it in the sales. Have been bedridden with pneumonia ever since but I still think its worth it!

Other recent acquisitions are:

Skirt

Sweater

Scarf

Hat

Shoes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now