Who uses a primer? Any recommendations?

(32 Posts)

I'm trying to decide which to invest in! I've been using my clarins beauty flash balm and a smoothing one that I have a tester pot of and its ok, but I've heard a few rave on smashbox?

noviceoftheday Mon 03-Dec-12 10:21:41

MAC prep and prime. Its what my make up artist used on my wedding day and I have used it ever since. No more "slippery" make up!

toofattorun Mon 03-Dec-12 10:21:54

Smashbox

BelleDameSousMistletoe Mon 03-Dec-12 12:07:31

Sorry, should have said, Smashbox Photo Finish.

jessiegeesusinamanger Mon 03-Dec-12 12:08:38

I have tried Smashbox Photo Finish Light, Barbara Daly and Benefit porefressional. Smashbox is my least favourite. It feels really heavy and greasy. Benefit is my favourite of the three. I like the finish of the Barbara Daly fbut find I need to use more of it than the other two. I won't be getting the Smashbox again after I've used this one up.

Thanks for all the replies! Looks like smashbox is a fave among a few. I use mac foundation at the moment (dregs!) so may ask for them to try that under a foundation for me.
Laura Mercier is a fave brand of mine but I've not tried her primer!
Hmmm

MoomieAndFreddie Mon 03-Dec-12 15:37:16

Avon Magix is my favourite, and i have tried loads

Womenandchickensfirst Mon 03-Dec-12 23:15:05

I'm recommending Lancome, takes a few years off me, and the foundation definitely lasts longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now