Peony and Moore bags

(33 Posts)
suntodayplease Sun 02-Dec-12 08:13:59

I've completely missed these bags been carting a battered changing bag around for too long and I'm finally going to buy a new bag. My pre baby choice of mulberry is out if the window, plus once I've loaded it up with all the gubbins I cart around my Roxanne is way too heavy. I like the look of the Peony and Moore mariella. I've never bought a PM bag, but they seem to get a lot of good reviews on here. I can't find any discount codes at the moment, and its not available through Red Direct. Where is the best place to buy online? Oh and does anyone have it in Navy? Does it mark easily?
Huge TIA

polyhymnia Thu 06-Dec-12 23:12:04

Yes, they do. Have returned two bags to them.

Alas, it's the very shininess on the toffee Mariella I didn't like - very lovely, but IMO it makes it less 'everyday' and more 'smart' than matte leather. But all depends on what occasions/ lifestyle anyone wants a bag for. I want something really versatile, for both dressed up and down days.

suntodayplease Fri 07-Dec-12 08:06:09

So after nearly ordering the Mariella in navy, then snake I changed my mind and haven't found anything yet. Thanks for the other suggestions, Radley isn't for me, I've looked at JL online, but I imagine the choice in store is better? The LK Bennett sale has started, but to be honest the bags are probably a little too smart for me. Whilst the majority of the time I err on the side of a smart SAHM I think the bag needs to be slightly casual. need to stop looking at the Mulberry website.
So search requirements are navy, grey or tan. Needs to go over shoulder but cross body strap as well would be perfect. Big enough to hold my stuff and snacks, drink etc for DD. budget £150-£200 ideally....

Hope to find something soon, my pleather mushroom bag from Accesorise is looking very sad and tired.

Thanks

herbaceous Fri 07-Dec-12 08:13:05

I've been using my aubergine Mariella every day for a week now, and it's great. It can fit a lot in, but because it's slouchy, is fine with just a few bits in, too - just 'droops' down and doesn't seem too big.

The handle leather is amazingly stiff and 'bridle' like, which I love, and the rest of the bag is very soft, which kind of offsets the 'posh'ness of the patent.

So, in general, a big thumbs up from me. Though it's my first and only expensive bag, so haven't got much to compare it to!

nowrinklesonamelon Fri 07-Dec-12 09:53:55

and from me too - - the navy is a very soft nubuk type leather and perfect for everyday with jeans or smart coat. -- and I like bags I can get everything into .

suntodayplease Tue 18-Dec-12 19:34:18

Well I finally ordered in toffee as the navy was OOS, it arrived today (can't fault customer service/delivery) but I was so dissapointed. Had really high hopes for it as well. So back it goes, thankfully with free returns. Search continues, I've my eye on a anya hindmarch beauty but I think this ups the budget stakes just a little!

polyhymnia Tue 18-Dec-12 22:50:59

Sorry you're disappointed but sort if glad I'm not the only one who doesn't think the Mariella is great. I too was disappointed and sent my toffee one back. Too shiny, very big and, for the money, wanted proper dividers/s inside, not everything all jumbled up together. Something a bit more special.

SilverSixpence Tue 18-Dec-12 23:25:40

Btw I saw the Milly bag on red direct in the clearance section if anyone is thinking of getting it

BoerWarKids Wed 19-Dec-12 00:45:16

Have you seen Oushka bags, OP? The Dover is gorgeous and I really want one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now