looseish longish tops for wearing with skinny jeans?

(45 Posts)
CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 28-Nov-12 12:31:58

anyone seen anything nice? I have lost some weight and need a few more tops - casual ones for toddler group/work, and something with a bit o'glitter for the pub. Not tunics though. And easily available from the High Street, as I've got a whole child-free day for shopping on Monday.

coorong Mon 10-Dec-12 19:54:40

Gap has a sale and some nice long knitted tops in merino and cashmere
www.gap.eu/browse/category.do?cid=57360

casabevron Sun 09-Dec-12 09:15:35

I found the sizing for those tops on the large side, surprisingly. I am a 12/14 top, and L is fine for me. I found that if I order in the morning, I usually get my parcel the next day - internet shopping is the way forward! I can't say how good the returns process is, as I have kept everything I've ordered so far blush, but I think I'd be taking anything I didn't want back to a store as the returns date for anything bought between 15th October and 15th December has been extended to Jan 15th and I hate the long wait for refunds when you send stuff back in the post.

I've got a few of the basic Boden scoop neck tops in white which I wear underneath. Sainsurys have some great stretchy long sleeved basic tops too at the moment - I found a stripy burgundy and grey one a couple of weeks ago that was only £6 - with a further 25% off! - and goes perfectly under the burgundy Zara top.

I wish I was on commission for Zara! Ironically, I used to work for them, and it was the worst job I ever had, I just can't bring myself to boycott them though, I love the clothes too much!

hettie Sun 09-Dec-12 08:35:26

Found a copy of the Oliver booms jumper here actually, miss self has quite a few slouchy jumpers.....

RarelyUnreasonable Sun 09-Dec-12 07:23:41

Jumping on the Zara bandwagon! They seem perfect for a tall, recent c-section graduate like me grin.
Which long sleeve tops do you wear underneath?
And do they look ok with a jacket/blazer (casual)?

wickedfairy Sat 08-Dec-12 16:27:22

Wrt the Zara tops - what is their sizing like (I have heard it is small but not sure for looser tops).

I am a sz12 - should I order M or L?? Am starting to venture into the reams of internet shopping now DC3 has arrived - I can't face traipsing around all the shops with children! Thanks!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Fri 07-Dec-12 09:30:03

haven't got a Cos - not sure they've made it north of Birmingham yet sad

noddyholder Fri 07-Dec-12 09:13:05

Cos have some lovely ones

germyrabbit Fri 07-Dec-12 09:10:46

i like the uniqlo basic tops, come up really long

also have the linen top from zara, i find the fabric weird and scratchy but okay with a long sleeve top underneath

florencepink Fri 07-Dec-12 09:06:51

I have some of these Zara tops and I find that like most linen things, they give after one wear but they are fine again once washed. I never iron them though as it stretches them. Put them in a hanger in airing cupboard and they are fine smile

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:23

Oh God. <<awaits delivery with trepidation>>

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 06-Dec-12 14:55:38

hmm
either i tried the wrong tops in Zara, or i have some sort of physical deformity, as they really were not working.
i did get a couple of nice jumper in Primark though - one grey sober office affair, and one with a festive sequin - so all was not lost

casabevron Thu 06-Dec-12 14:25:23

Okay, took a little longer to do the ironing than anticipated blush, but all tops have come out fine, even the one I accidentally stuck in on a 40 wash (the labels say 30, but all Zara stuff says 30 - I think they're just covering their backs hmm)

casabevron Tue 04-Dec-12 18:08:01

I have three of the Zara tops languishing at the bottom of ironing basket after their first wash. I can't avoid the ironing any longer, so I have to do it tonight -I'll report back! They do look okay, but I did wash them on a handwash cycle. I'm always wary of the shape going...

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 04-Dec-12 17:04:02

Oh, don't say that, Queen and cathy! I hate when things go misshapen after a wear and wash or two hello Gap, and I too am on the small side of small.

bishboschone Tue 04-Dec-12 16:56:34

Yes , I'm size 8 and little although curvy so I need fitted . I Did see ain't top in Matalan today i debated ..Ill see if I can find it on line.

hillyhilly Tue 04-Dec-12 16:38:41

I got three lovely ones from tk maxx last week, one casual, two smarter and all less than £20 (each)

Wetthemogwai Tue 04-Dec-12 16:38:20

I can't just pick one, just buy the whole next website!

cathyandclaire Tue 04-Dec-12 16:35:40

Bish...I tried the S in those tops, I love them and Zara usually have tiny sizing but it absolutely swamped me sad I'm 5 3 and look square in anything too baggy..so if anyone knows of something similar but more streamlined I'd love them forever!

Wetthemogwai Tue 04-Dec-12 16:29:02

Ooo marking my place! I've got some lovely ones from next ill see if I can find a link smile

QueenCadbury Tue 04-Dec-12 16:21:08

Has anyone found that their Zara linen tshirts become mis shapen after washing? I loved mine but it looks hideous now.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 04-Dec-12 14:30:41

Oooh, those Zara ones look ace! I'm always looking for things like that.

<<orders several>> blush

bishboschone Tue 04-Dec-12 14:15:58

Are those Zara tips very loose ? Or has she just got a big size on? I'm looking for similar but I need fitted as I'm short .

casabevron Tue 04-Dec-12 13:38:23

Glad you like 'em! grin

AuntySib Tue 04-Dec-12 00:09:58

casabevron, that Zara link for the linen t shirts.... thanks so much, just what I've been looking for!

Jakadaal Thu 29-Nov-12 20:08:10

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now