looseish longish tops for wearing with skinny jeans?

(45 Posts)
CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 28-Nov-12 12:31:58

anyone seen anything nice? I have lost some weight and need a few more tops - casual ones for toddler group/work, and something with a bit o'glitter for the pub. Not tunics though. And easily available from the High Street, as I've got a whole child-free day for shopping on Monday.

hettie Wed 28-Nov-12 13:44:04

ermm.... not on the high street (an you'll need a discount code as it's ££££'S) but how about
this

toofattorun Wed 28-Nov-12 13:51:17

Ooo, I like that, Hettie

CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 28-Nov-12 14:09:08

ooh that is nice...i need a cheapo copy though.

berri Wed 28-Nov-12 17:08:55

Zara have some nice brightly coloured silk blouses - I saw a royal blue one which would look great with skinnies, perfect for the pub I'd say.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 28-Nov-12 20:19:57

cheers - will have a rummage in there next week.

Beaverfeaver Wed 28-Nov-12 22:10:07

What's the difference between a tunic and just a long top?

Ooh, I love that jumper from Oliver Bonas too. Do you have it, hettie? If so, how long is it? I'm quite tall - 5' 8"ish. Do you think it would be long enough to cover my backside?

tomatoplantproject Thu 29-Nov-12 16:59:30

Hello. I have that jumper and it covers my bum and I'm 5'10" with a long back. I love it! Am currently 3 weeks post c-section and living in leggings while my scar heals and this jumper makes me feel normal again when I wear it.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 29-Nov-12 18:00:53

ooh, congratulations tomato!

casabevron Thu 29-Nov-12 18:53:51

I just got 5 blush of these in different colours from Zara, I love them! I've been wearing them with a close-fitting long sleeve top underneath, a big scarf, skinnies and boots. They're loose, but not so loose that you look shapeless iyswim? I'm 6 feet tall and they just come to the bottom of my saggy bum!

Maraki Thu 29-Nov-12 19:02:05

Lurex Tabard Knitted Tunic from Mint Velvet £59 (also from J Lewis).
Has a tiny bit of sparkle, but ok for daywear. Long and bum covering (I'm 5'10).

Sorry on my phone, can't do links

What about this from Boden?

ScienceRocks Thu 29-Nov-12 19:32:50

I have just sent that Boden top back! Very odd shape and not very long (I'm 5ft 4in). This one (http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Jumpers/WK768-CIN/Womens-Cinnamon-Melange-Stripe-Stripy-Jumper.html#http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Jumpers/WK768/Womens-Stripy-Jumper.html) is good though.

I couldn't decide whether to buy it at 30% off, it looked good with skinny jeans on the Boden model.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 29-Nov-12 19:35:10

that Zara one looks perfect - might get a couple of colours if they've got them in stock. Am 5'9 and long in the trunk, so should be a good fit.

casabevron Thu 29-Nov-12 19:35:13

I've also got the top that accessorizequeen linked to. It's lovely, nice and drapey, and the sleeves are a decent length - I hate it when full length sleeves look like they've fallen out with your wrists hmm. I would have bought other colours (I have it in the blue) but none of them would flatter me. Probably a good thing!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 29-Nov-12 19:36:17

forgot to say thanks all!
Boden stripey looks quite promising too

ScienceRocks Thu 29-Nov-12 19:40:53

Sorry, not sure what happened to the Boden jumper link! It's lovely and soft, flattering in a not clingy but still makes you look slim kind of way, and washes really well. I've just ordered one in another colour, which is not me at all!

Jakadaal Thu 29-Nov-12 20:07:20

What about [http://www.next.co.uk/g4830s1#763913g48 this]?

Jakadaal Thu 29-Nov-12 20:08:10
AuntySib Tue 04-Dec-12 00:09:58

casabevron, that Zara link for the linen t shirts.... thanks so much, just what I've been looking for!

casabevron Tue 04-Dec-12 13:38:23

Glad you like 'em! grin

bishboschone Tue 04-Dec-12 14:15:58

Are those Zara tips very loose ? Or has she just got a big size on? I'm looking for similar but I need fitted as I'm short .

LadyClariceCannockMonty Tue 04-Dec-12 14:30:41

Oooh, those Zara ones look ace! I'm always looking for things like that.

<<orders several>> blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now