Skinny skinny boy pants needed age 2!

(32 Posts)

He's been dry since summer. I bought mothercare pants which were ok size wise BUT in true Mothercare shit-ness, the elastic has gone in every single pair.

I looked for new pants today.
The leg holes are giant easily 15cm across laid flat in M&S, John Lewis, Next were just as big and also as wide on the waist.
I tried Hennes who didn't have any pants, Gap whose leg holes were better but would reach his armpits.

Got some in Zara I'm happy on the leg holes but the waist is too big and they fall to his ankles.

HELP

I won't have this problem in a year or two as I can age down. But pants seem to only start age 2-3.

Anyone got any other ideas? Poor boy walks about hoiking his pants up all day long his mother does it on MN but he's only 2

Have been to; (in descending order of hugeness)
Next
John Lewis
M&S
Asda
Sainsbury
Disney store
Gap (to be fair, waist was ok but reached his nipples)
Zara
Tesco
Primark

That's conclusive then. Primark make the SMALLEST pants, with suitably sized leg holes for skinny boys.

Still want to try Debenhams and would love Petit B if I could find any.
Anyone tried Boden pants??

GrownupGoth Fri 30-Nov-12 17:37:12

Deffo Primark, their cheapest soft jeans fit extremely skinny DS well too. Bargainous.

CuriousMama Fri 30-Nov-12 17:42:42

Vertbaudet have some from very young age. Small sizes too, I used to buy from there for my 2 skinny boys, they're older now though.

I looked vertbaudet boys (not babies like you linked to curiousmama) and because the sizes are 2/3 and 4/6 I just know they are going to be massive.

Posted too soon.
I feel dubious about buying online as if they are no good, I have to pay to send them back. The reviews for those baby pants isn't too good otherwise I may have ordered them.

CuriousMama Fri 30-Nov-12 19:05:58

Oh sorry I thought they did free returns, my mistake. Must've changed now?

Perhaps they do, I should check but you still have to pay postage to receive.
I had some hand me down pants labelled ladybird (woolworths) 2-3 and they are a perfect fit, tiny pants! They are 6 years old.

Just goes to show sizes have dramatically increased over last few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now