Can I return a blusher to John Lewis?

(31 Posts)
sansucre Fri 16-Nov-12 20:01:06

Just a quick query!

Purchased a new Bobbi Brown blusher from John Lewis a few days ago. Am not convinced by it at all and am wondering if I can return it for a different one?

Does anyone know if I can do this?

Can I take my no7 foundation back?

I did that colourmatch thing, it looked ok in store just on my cheek but when I put it on my whole face I looked orange!! Its awful!!

valiumredhead Mon 19-Nov-12 12:55:19

YES -take it back and tell them.

I took back a shoe insole I bought and had already cut to Boots. It was shit and uncomfy and kept rucking up in my shoe, they refunded my immediately.

valiumredhead Mon 19-Nov-12 12:56:23

I saw someone being colour matched the other day - she was sold the wrong foundation completely, I nearly went and told her but then remembered it was none of my beeswax grin

Thanks V, I'll take it back tomorrow, it looks really awful on!

fridgepants Mon 19-Nov-12 13:46:21

People do buy used make-up - look at the MAC auctions on eBay. I wouldn't do it with lipstick or mascara, but if you use a brush or a pump then it isn't that unhygenic. I've definitely sold used products on eBay and been very clear that they were.

EuroShagmore Mon 19-Nov-12 14:11:40

I've taken mascara back, but only because there was obviously something wrong with it (it was supposed to be waterproof but didn't even stay on being worn for a couple of hours in dry conditions - it was dreadful. I think there must have been something wrong with it). Personally I wouldn't take make up back just because I didn't like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now