Replica louis Vuitton bags.

(48 Posts)
rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 15-Nov-12 09:06:56

I was bought a real one as a Christmas pressie last year, and I love it. Now wanting a weekender bag for hospital bag and use as handluggage in future, but having looked at prices for the real thing, I'm not prepared to pay that much!
Ive seen a very nice replica on a website called lvbagshop but I just wondered if anyone had bought from here before and are the bags good or bad? The straps and fittings are all leather apparently (my friend has a replica with horrible shiny plastic straps and I'm a real stickler for leather straps as they go nice and soft with use)

MoomieAndFreddie Sat 17-Nov-12 09:27:26

yeah me too dexter

the amount of lv fakes around is ridiculous - in fact someone on my FB is selling some "LV" jewellery for about £7 hmm

v tacky.

dexter73 Fri 16-Nov-12 22:34:12

Tbh I just assume that any LV bag I see is a knock-off! I never think it might be real.

Willowisp Fri 16-Nov-12 22:28:07

I have the Louis Vuitton speedy bag which dh bought me years ago. It goes on every journey...expect the maternity ward ! (it never occurred to me someone might steal it blush)

For maternity I bought a lovely non baby looking bag from Mothercare. I still use it for the Dc's stuff as its a great size, unlike LV Speedy..

PerryCombover Fri 16-Nov-12 17:19:55

Go to ebay
Bang in vintage Vuitton
Ebay are terrified of fake Vuitton nowadays
They scam artists never bother to fake older stuff and the fakes don't age appropriately so it is easy to "know" what you are getting
I bought some Vuitton luggage this was..v good value

MoomieAndFreddie Fri 16-Nov-12 08:08:48

yeah i agree with the logo's everywhere, awful

i have a (genuine) balenciaga giant city and it has NO logo's anywhere apart from inside <not so stealth boast> and only people that know what it is would know it was designer, to everyone else it just looks like a good quality leather handbag.

Teeb Thu 15-Nov-12 19:45:52

Agree with the others, when I spot fakes (or even genuine designer that is very heavily labelled) I always think the person looks a bit try hard and desperate.

Another thing to consider by getting a fake LV weekender is it would make your genuine handbag look fake by association to me, which would seem a shame if you have spent a bit of money on it.

noviceoftheday Thu 15-Nov-12 17:46:01

Ugh. My entire reason for avoiding buying LV like the plague is because of all the LV knock offs around.

Glossynotflossy Thu 15-Nov-12 17:20:29

Better to have a preloved designer bag than a fake

Glossynotflossy Thu 15-Nov-12 17:19:54

Why not loke on pre loved sites like Chic and Seek, Love Handbags and Naughtypidgin (not sure of the spelling)

fridgepants Thu 15-Nov-12 16:41:28

"In Italy, knockoff Vuittons are worn maids, cleaners, recent immigrants etc. It's a clear class sign - probably a bit like Burberry check in Britain."

I think it's the same with logo-ed knockoffs here too. I've seen a lot of people with knock-off bags in the poorer town where my mum lives, from the usual Vuitton and Gucci to Paul's Boutique fakes.

TheCraicDealer Thu 15-Nov-12 14:29:55

IMO buying fake bags is a bit tragic and fake in itself. Either you can't or won't pay for the real deal, so you try and look the part by buying imitation. And that's before you get onto the moral issues of funding organised crime or terrorism around the world.

Here's a lovely Longchamp option that will go well with your genuine handbag.

MoomieAndFreddie Thu 15-Nov-12 14:27:40

no worries,

just have been here a long time and have seen threads get v v ugly re fake stuff.

but yeah i do also agree with posters saying take a cheap bag to hospital, when i had my dcs i took a carrier bag lol. (says it all about the area i live in....)

givemeaclue Thu 15-Nov-12 14:19:42

Ok so get a cheaper bag not fake for £100 or less -pref less in case of theft on the ward -(I took cheapest bag I had) , take that to hospital and leave designer bags at home where they are safer.

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 15-Nov-12 13:16:24

Sorry if I came across wrong moomie, I just couldn't see any reason why it would kick off, I didnt realise it was such a contentious issue!

MoomieAndFreddie Thu 15-Nov-12 13:00:46

why the attitude rogersmelly

i was only trying to help ffs.

hmm

axure Thu 15-Nov-12 12:59:59

Fake designer goods are tacky beyond words, and as mentioned fund organised crime. Don't go there. Plenty of other brands which are cheaper then LB, Mulberry, Chloe etc. I like Furla and Michael Kors amongst others, just got a lovely burgundy leather MK tote for £230, the identical style was £920 in LV. Fine if money is no object, but ridiculous if you're living on Value baked beans for the rest of the month.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Thu 15-Nov-12 12:54:06

I used to have quite a large LV collection, I sold it all as there are so many fakes about they are everywhere!

I think if you've got a real one anything else would just feel rubbish in comparison.

cathyandclaire Thu 15-Nov-12 12:49:54

Sorry too, not to smile

cathyandclaire Thu 15-Nov-12 12:49:22

I have a few bits of LV and have used them with overnight bags like this they co-ordinate well without looking to matchy-matchy. Could be an elegant compromise smile

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 15-Nov-12 12:20:19

Why would the thread kick off? I asked an opinion, I've had an opinion and decided against? Why kick off? I agree child labour is horrible and it's prob a bad idea to take an expensive bag on a hospital ward where I clearly won't be in a fit state to keep an eye on it, nor do I want the worry.

givemeaclue Thu 15-Nov-12 11:59:56

So it should! It's naff, tacky and harmful to buy fakes

MoomieAndFreddie Thu 15-Nov-12 11:33:22

oh dear

this thread may kick off....

Djembe Thu 15-Nov-12 11:17:42

I wouldn't - if you can't take it abroad and you can't use it in hospital, it's not going to get much use.

Lovely weekend bags around - I've wanted this Hush one for ages.

What everyone else said - why would you want to but an ersatz piece of rubbish made by someone's child in a sweatshop to welcome your child into the world?

Why even buy a fake bag? I don't get it at all.

It funds criminal activity, looks shit & you know it's fake so never actually feel good about owning it.

Do other people's opinions matter to you that much?

If you want to swank about on the labour-ward, stick it all in a Waitrose bag & noisily breastfeed whilst slagging off any FF mothers.

Should do the trick.

ArtfulAardvark Thu 15-Nov-12 09:48:23

I am sure you can find a beautiful non designer rip off bag for that money I always look at the ones on the Pia jewellery website and seriously fell in love with a few in TK Maxx a few weeks ago - personally I wouldnt take an expensive bag to hospital, I had some quite dodgy people in my ward

I dont really "get" the whole designer handbag thing really either I love something or I dont what label it has on it is really neither here nor there to me.

My main issue with buying any fake goods is that some of the proceeds from this lucrative business are reported to fund terrorism - as a parent thats not something I want to be doing.

Even if the terrorism thing is not true the designs have basically been stolen from the original designer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now