Ideas for party vamp up for boring mid length bob

(8 Posts)
30ish Thu 15-Nov-12 08:31:04

Thank you for all you ideas! I quite like the idea of a hair clip - i can manage to get it into a short pony tail and I'm also going to explore the wavy hair. I have very wavy hair naturally but fight to keep it straight on a daily basis! Thanks again.

cathyandclaire Thu 15-Nov-12 07:11:01

Danni Minogue did loads of things to her bob when she was on the X factor... Some pics to scan through here
Looks like you may need a team of hairdressers to hand for some of them though!

LulaPalooza Wed 14-Nov-12 22:47:04

What colour is your hair? If you're lightish brown to blonde you could do a temporary colour dip dye like this

Spookey80 Wed 14-Nov-12 20:31:31

If you can treat yourself to a blow dry, ask the to put waves in it, book it in for the day of the do, get someone to have baby, and relax a bit before yr much deserved night out!

thinkfast Wed 14-Nov-12 19:44:28

Would a quiff suit you? Or getting it blow dried wavy?

jessiegeesusinamanger Wed 14-Nov-12 19:40:27

If you can get it into a teeny ponytail you could try a clip in ponytail which I find are brilliant at this imbetweeny stage. I'm growing out a short bob too and it's lank and my fringe is way past my eyes. I have tried quite a few clip in things but the make I like best are by Hot Hair. You can get straight or curly, short or long ones. You just shove the clip over whatever ponytail you can scrape your own hair in. They feel really secure.

Would it suit you wavy? If so another thing I like is one of those triple barrel wave tongs. My hair is v fine and lank and using this makes it look much thicker. Mine was called Diva Mini Beach Wave and I got it off Amazon. It wasn't too pricy but it does dry my hair a lot so I only use it occasionally. I should think there are better quality ones out there that aren't as harsh though.

30ish Wed 14-Nov-12 19:25:22

I'm 34!

30ish Wed 14-Nov-12 19:24:23

I'm actually going on my Christmas do this year (not been out since the birth of my son because of illness etc etc)! I'm a bit worried I will look washed up and old! The other girls i work with are so gorgeous and trendy! Not in competition but need ideas for how to make my boring mid length bob (currently growing out of a short bob) a bit more exciting! It is too short to put up. I normally wear my hair straight. Ive looked but cant find any ideas on the internet. I'm wearing a shortish fitted black and white lipsy dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now