My hair is totally f*cked. I need help!

(17 Posts)
musttidyupmusttidyup Thu 11-Oct-12 22:18:48

Coconut oil or Argan oil in for a while before you wash it. Moroccanoil after. Boost your roots with a bit of batiste. Trim regularly. Job's a good'un.

Kinora Thu 11-Oct-12 22:08:51

I sometimes sit with olive oil on my hair. Just the normal kitchen stuff.

After washing I use L'oreal Mythic oil which is fantastic. They now do a shampoo and conditioner in it so I may be treating myself shortly.

I think when your hair gets so dry, any solutions are short term unfortunately.

MummysHappyPills Thu 11-Oct-12 22:08:11

Just go to a health food shop and buy coconut oil! And trim it regularly. I recommend the mumsnet haircut! grin

Wandawingsthe2nd Thu 11-Oct-12 22:04:50

I'm sorry, I really can't help but the picture made me really LOL.

Phaedra11 Thu 11-Oct-12 22:02:33

Argon oil. I add a couple of drops into my usual conditioner once a week and it's worked wonders.

Mumelie Thu 11-Oct-12 20:54:45

My frizz is dyed medium blonde, it was frizz before though, I look like a clown in the rain today! Moroccan oil is a miracle on my hair. Only thing that's really worked.

GreenEyesAndHam Thu 11-Oct-12 20:50:31

Could you stand a good cut?

Oils and conditioners will help a bit, but personally I think there's only so much they can do and chopping off as much as you can is the way to go.

xmasevebundle Thu 11-Oct-12 20:36:56

Try a tigi products and leave it overnight to dry it tight, as poss in towel.

Also when you wash it out, wash it out with cold will make it a little sliky.

BerryBlast Thu 11-Oct-12 20:21:53

Joico K Pak shampoo,conditioner and hair pack are all very good and really made a difference to my hair.

CarrotsForRebeccaRabbit Thu 11-Oct-12 19:47:52

I've had aussie and wasn't too impressed.

They ut coconut oil on at hair dressers and my hair was lovely.

Will look for loereal smile

ty x

thriftychic Thu 11-Oct-12 19:41:07

sorry , just checked its called loreal elvive extraordinary oil !

WipsGlitter Thu 11-Oct-12 19:34:48

I tried that Aussie three minute miracle stuff and found it pretty good. It's not overly expensive either.

Annianni Thu 11-Oct-12 19:34:37

Coconut oil. I use the fushi organic one.
I put it on my hair, overnight once or twice a week.

It's very good.

thriftychic Thu 11-Oct-12 19:34:12

not sure what to suggest really but i bought loreal miracle oil from boots for a tenner last week and its made my hair look better . oils usually make my hair look greasy but this doesnt and i put on more than it says . hair feels much smoother and shinier

CarrotsForRebeccaRabbit Thu 11-Oct-12 19:30:47
CarrotsForRebeccaRabbit Thu 11-Oct-12 19:05:22

Sorry for typos have wriggly baby in arms.

CarrotsForRebeccaRabbit Thu 11-Oct-12 19:04:47

I tried to go blonde in summer £200 down the drain thankyou shitty posh hairdressers 2 seprate higlighting treatments.

Didn't go as I planned and ended up butting a £7 lightest brown over it for 10 mins (and i love it)

BUT ... my hair is fucked.

You know at halloween when you backcomb your hair to look like a witch with hairspray?? It feels like that, after i just washed an dried it!!

I've always had soft silky hair and it feels awful.

What will save it!!??

Help me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now