A/W nail polish recommendations?

(11 Posts)
BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Wed 10-Oct-12 20:13:10

Sookie, me too

I'm doing my fingers in no7 dollar

sookiesookie Wed 10-Oct-12 20:09:34

Metallics, burgundy, very dark with gold glitter, deep purples are all aw colours.

I generally go bright in Spring/summer and farms A/W witha little glitter at Christmas.

Loveleopardprint Wed 10-Oct-12 19:58:27

Yes I have tried it two or three times and even the "expert" in Selfridges couldn't make it work on me!

NewNames Wed 10-Oct-12 19:33:29

Are you putting the magnet v close to it while its still wet? Make sure you have enough polish on there too

Loveleopardprint Wed 10-Oct-12 06:49:52

Barry m didn't work on me either. I had a trial in Selfridges of Nails inc magnetic and that didn't work either. The shop assistant looked a bit embarrassed and then whispered that they are a bit rubbish and only seem to work on some people.
We obviously have super anti-magnetic powers!!grin

Clure Tue 09-Oct-12 22:30:29

I tried the Barry M magnetic polish in violet - colour was nice but the magnetic bit didn't work, anybody shed any light on what I might be doing wrong? Is there a knack?!

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Tue 09-Oct-12 19:40:27

Try poundland too.

Navy is another good colour for a/w

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Tue 09-Oct-12 19:30:09

Teals, purples, browns and burgundy. No7 has some fab colours on 3 for 2. Try cheapsmells.co.uk and fragrance direct for bargains.

Today I have leighton denny's supermodel on my fingers and models own copper pot on my toes.

NewNames Tue 09-Oct-12 19:27:08

Rimmel Pro varnish is the best I've found. I like the khaki one and stormy skys - bluey grey shade.

MsOnatopp Tue 09-Oct-12 19:18:06

This sounds obvious but surely you wear what ever colours you like and what goes with the outfits that you have for the winter season (or do what I do an deliberately clash colours). Anyway, I made nails a priority last year. Great fun grin Enjoy!

ujjayi Tue 09-Oct-12 19:13:38

Having discovered that cheaper nail polish will last as long as more expensive versions as long as I use Creative Nails base/top coat, I have just a fab slate grey called Smoke Signals from Boots 17. Gorgeously rich shade and not remotely corpse-like (which was a slight concern).

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Weekly home manis have recently been converted from "wish I had the time" to "priority" so keen to play around with some new shades grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now