ghd Hairdryer......Woweeeeeeee!!

(20 Posts)
moonblushtomato Sun 07-Oct-12 22:11:29

Recently had visit to hairdressers where my usually frizz-prone hair was rough dried using a ghd hairdryer.

Results were bloody amazing, no frizz, lovely sleek finish and that was without any styling!

Just wondered if any mere mortals (non-hairdressers like me) have used this hairdryer.

Would hate to fork out £99 (yes - £99!!) to find I couldn't get the same effect at home!!

Apparently this hairdryer is "ionic" - does that mean I could buy another ionic hairdryer for a third of the price and get the same effects??

franticallyjugglinglife Sun 07-Oct-12 22:21:51

I've got a tresemme hair dryer that is supposedly ionic... but having dead straight lifeless hair I can't really comment on its anti-frizz qualities... grin

Not in stock but this is the one

PippiL Sun 07-Oct-12 23:00:16

I've had an ionic hair dryer in the past that has done bugger all.

And I have difficult red hair. Shall google ghd hair dryer but dubious that it's the ionic bit that is working the wonders.

moonblushtomato Tue 09-Oct-12 13:59:22

Oh, thats disappointing!!

Found a Remington Pearl ionic hairdryer thats got great reviews....

daisydoodoo Tue 09-Oct-12 14:08:27

sorry but it i the ghd hairdryer, not sure why. but my hair i prone to frizz and i was fed up of having to ghd straighten my hair everyday to get smooth frizz free hair, my hairdresser recommended the ghd hairdryer, like you i was dubious that it was just the ghd one, so i tried a different brand and a parlux one (mn recommended) but neither had the same effect as the GHD, so i brought it as an early christmaspresent to myself.
Its fab, its powerful to so spend half as long drying it in the morning.

valiumredhead Tue 09-Oct-12 16:58:21

Parlux is what you need along with Tigi Blow out Balm!

moonblushtomato Wed 10-Oct-12 18:41:29

Eeek!! Its all pointing towards the ghd one isn't it?!?

Can I honestly spend THAT much on a hairdryer????

(please answer - of course you can, you deserve it!)

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Wed 10-Oct-12 18:44:24

I have a mini travel ghd dryer that is really good. No idea if it is ionic or not - came in a set with purple ghd straighteners.

When I was looking for a new hairdryer MN recommended the parlux one... nobody mentioned the ghd. I am off to have a look now.

And yes, of course you can spend whatever you want for yourself. It is your hair and you are the one who has to 'do' it. grin

busyboysmum Wed 10-Oct-12 18:56:20

I hate this forum! It's costing me a fortune.

If it's any help, I just got it here for £73 delivered.

ScooseIsLooseInTheHauntedHoose Wed 10-Oct-12 18:58:14

The Ghd air dryer is definitely the best hair dryer I have ever used and cuts my drying time by half! I barely have to use my straighteners now I love it!

UltraBOF Wed 10-Oct-12 19:05:57

Which? seems to think it isn't worth the money.

moonblushtomato Wed 10-Oct-12 21:43:19

Thanx busyboysmum thats a great saving!!

Still pondering on it.....!

israa2010 Mon 12-May-14 18:47:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

israa2010 Wed 04-Jun-14 12:45:18

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 04-Jun-14 13:54:50

Ionic does nothing for my frizz, it has more to do with the force of the air from the drier. Parlux is amazing and 'only' 55 quid.

MintCar Wed 04-Jun-14 14:52:44

I was given one and it definitely dries my hair much better than my old babylis one. My hair looks styled with out having to use the round brush and getting arm cramp for 20 mins!!

kristy12 Thu 11-Jun-15 17:14:04

squizita Thu 11-Jun-15 17:19:21

My tresemme works really well as a PP mentioned.

ihatethecold Thu 11-Jun-15 17:22:38

I want a new hairdryer now after reading this thread! grin

renitajackson Mon 27-Jun-16 00:15:02

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now