I'm wearing this dress tomorrow

(9 Posts)
cheesesarnie Thu 04-Oct-12 22:59:47

i really like. like whole outfit but obviously not for a funeral.

Peeenut Thu 04-Oct-12 22:57:51

Not at all surprised they're in trouble. If I'd seen that dress on the website I wouldn't have given it a second thought. It's actually a very soft, drapey, knit. Cut under the bust and gently flared out, good for pears like me. They haven't even done the colour justice.

The shop assistant said they were flying out and she was going to try it on. White Stuff should ditch most of those dire patterns and churn out some more good cuts in gorgeous colours.

lurkingaround Thu 04-Oct-12 22:34:03

I like it too. I love knits.

Good to know you won't be posing like the woman in the photo! How did they ever pick that photo to showcase the dress?? I saw the title of the 'white stuff in trouble' thread, (haven't read it), but there's a surprise eh?

Peeenut Thu 04-Oct-12 22:29:34

Thanks smile black it is. It's a much nicer cut than the photo shows, it has panels in the skirt to give a slight flare. I have a casual winter wedding to attend soon, the reception is a meal in a Thai restaurant and I could dress it up the other way.

I'd go with black accessories, especially for a funeral

OnlyWantsOne Thu 04-Oct-12 17:21:10

Looks lovely smile

Peeenut Thu 04-Oct-12 17:20:45

I wont be pulling that stoopid expression! ;)

Peeenut Thu 04-Oct-12 17:20:01
Peeenut Thu 04-Oct-12 17:19:14

http://www.whitestuff.com/brompton-knit-dress-prod403796_somerset_s/

I wandered around town for hours today trying to find a simple plain dress and this was it! It's for a funeral and I wanted something that could be worn again in a different way. My only other clothes are jeans or work attire. I'll have to raid my wardrobe for things to wear with it.

I have long black boots, black tights, black or dark grey knit, they are both fairly structure. Or do I go for brown boots and cover up. Or I have some dark green chunky heels? Arghhh I don't know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now