Can I have your opinions on this New Look top please?

(18 Posts)
Doshusallie Thu 04-Oct-12 14:21:05

this one

I have had it delivered today in a 10. I really don't know about it. I've tried it on with my brown leather look skinny jeans and some gold heels. It drapes quite alot but is longer at the back which gives it a good shape - it's the neckline i was doubtful about.

What do you lot think? I don't think DH will like it so I have to be sure about it to keep it....

Love everything else that came with my order by the way - bought 3 pairs of the skinnies (navy, brown and plum, £10 each) a black jumper with sparkles on shoulders, a cream one with a bunny head on the front and a red one with bat wing sleeves. And some gorge high heeled shoe boots. grin

Hmm. Something about the proportions is off imo. The sleeves maybe? The neckline looks kinda stretched.

For the sake of £12 I would keep it if I thought I'd wear it once or twice. If it had cost £15+ I'd send it back.

shineonucrazydiamond Thu 04-Oct-12 14:30:06

It's quite nice - although I'm not really drawn to the metallic look. It would look nice with dark jeans though and heels.

I'm thinking a resounding NO to the bunny head top however grin

Doshusallie Thu 04-Oct-12 14:32:29
shineonucrazydiamond Thu 04-Oct-12 14:35:45

Jesus Christ woman!

< faints >

Doshusallie Thu 04-Oct-12 14:38:00

ROFL

Stevie77 Thu 04-Oct-12 20:02:45

hmmm, the arms bit looks really odd on the model, looks too baggy. Is it more fitted on you?

DawnOfTheDee Thu 04-Oct-12 20:04:38

I really like that bunny top! I have a friend who wears stuff like that and she always looks achingly cool and quirky.

I would look like a mad bag lady.

piratecat Thu 04-Oct-12 20:05:42

that first top is mingo. sorry, it's awful. no shape, nothing.

Doshusallie Thu 04-Oct-12 20:06:44

No Steve not really...sad

Doshusallie Thu 04-Oct-12 20:07:41

Thanks Dawn...am deffo going for achingly cool and quirky.... grin

piratecat Thu 04-Oct-12 20:29:02

fab jumper on H&M site with a bat on it, upside down.

HyvaPaiva Thu 04-Oct-12 20:58:35

The gold one looks very shapeless and the dipped hem makes it worse. It's the kind of top that hides a gorgeous figure and makes you look massive regardless of how svelte you actually are. The bunny one isn't to my taste, but it looks well-shaped, fitted and cute. Get it but not the shiny tattie sack! smile

GreenEyesAndHam Thu 04-Oct-12 21:22:49

That's weird....

...I normally quite like New Look stuff

grin

Not to my taste at all sorry, although I know my daughter would love the rabbit head thing so I'm prepared to accept that I'm a fossil.

Doshusallie Thu 04-Oct-12 21:24:34

Think it's going back. Thanks all!

Peeenut Thu 04-Oct-12 22:25:45

That slightly over sized cut would be nice with something more fitted, I think it could look nice with plum skinnies and heels. I could imagine some of the younger women at my office turning up in it for the Christmas party. It would all depend on how it hangs on you, it would be all wrong on me.

Doshusallie Fri 05-Oct-12 14:36:29

Thanks Peenut. Am still umming and aaahing about it!

member Fri 05-Oct-12 14:46:44

The dropped sleeve seam in line with bust would maybe be ok if the top narrowed in below the bust but it just looks w-i-d-e

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now