ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Merrell Wakefield insulated coat or TNF Makani Softshell? Help!!! This is going to determine my happiness this coming winter!

(31 Posts)
Jacksmania Tue 02-Oct-12 20:41:38

I need your help with this terribly important decision. grin

The North Face Makani Softshell or Merrell's Wakefield Insulated Coat?

I live on the West Coast of Canada. Winters are usually damp and chilly. DS is 4.7 so spends a lot of time at playground and outside, which means I do, too. I've decided I need the right coat this winter after freezing my bloody arse off last year. I'm one of those people who find it hard to stay warm. Got the right boots, now the coat.

Opinions?

Jacksmania Fri 05-Oct-12 01:31:07

I'd be glad to let you know. I'll either PM you or you can watch this thread. Might take a week or so, I didn't spring for super-fast shipping, mainly because it's still bloody gorgeous here. Near freezing at night, but close to 20C during the day, crisp blue sky, sunny, trees changing... we've rarely had such an amazing October. I'm in love with this weather.

my2monkeys. How tall are you and how long is your Naomi coat?

I want something that will go to the knees not just mid thigh

NotNeeemo Sat 06-Oct-12 09:05:54

I can't find the Wakefield anywhere sad I don't want to pay full price for one...

Jacksmania Sat 06-Oct-12 18:22:51

Have you tried Amazon? Or you could see if www.backcountry.com ships to the UK.

hanglider Sun 07-Oct-12 14:27:30

THe Wakefield has been renamed this year. It is now the Ellenwood (I think). Be patient though, I managed to get mine from Ebay last year - brand new at £50 grin.

MrsFifty2 Wed 14-Nov-12 19:54:18

carrielou2007 - do you still have yours for sale? Or anyone else selling one in a 10 (small); not too fussed about colour or whether it's the insulated/non-insulated version. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now