Are ther any blogs out there...

(57 Posts)
Dollydowser Mon 01-Oct-12 09:12:52

Or bloggers rather, that don't wear trousers?

I like to wear skirts or dresses. Every blog I have looked at features lovely slim girls in skinny jeans and a top. There must be someone out there who doesn't wear trousers, or am I the only one?

Dollydowser Thu 04-Oct-12 19:05:42

Rural, I went into my local town centre today, and where Kew used to be is now Jigsaw! So I went in to browse, ended up buying the skirt in a lovely raspberry colour. Unfortunately I fell in love with a cardigan too, DH was with me so I've asked for it for Christmas but I think I must be insane, it way to many £££.

Rural Thu 04-Oct-12 20:00:09

Dolly that's fab - you will get loads of wear from the skirt!

If it's any consolation, I have Jigsaw clothes from about 12 years ago which are still going strong - the skirts (esp cord) and the knitwear (from back then anyway) are pretty indestructible I find!

Hope you enjoy it. smile

PS They may have a 'sale' by Christmas - IIRC it started pretty early last year...

Rural Thu 04-Oct-12 20:02:15

BTW, here is the link to Dolly's and my skirt! (in case anyone is wondering what we are going on about!)

Jigsaw cord skirt

Dollydowser Thu 04-Oct-12 20:30:22

I thought those flaps on the front would make my stomach look even bigger but they actually lie very flat. I've looked up the cardigan and seen its sold at JL, trying to justify buying it with getting extra JL points on the credit card!

I have ordered hundreds of pounds worth of clothes recently, nearly all of which have been sent back. I lost weight last year, sold all my clothes, then put weight back on which has left me with literally no winter clothes. So when I find something that fists well and I like it, it's a bit of a rarity.

rural and wombat blog link to me too please.....love blogs.thanks

Rural Thu 04-Oct-12 22:37:57

DryWhite - my blog link is up thread on Dolly's post of 3 Oct 18:07:29. I am slightly worried all you real stylish people can see it - it is woeful - just my mad ramblings and some very bad pics blush. Anyway - enjoy giggle!

Rural Thu 04-Oct-12 22:42:03

Dolly I've had that Jigsaw skirt through several weight fluctuations / sizes. It seems to work ok as it just sits lower when I am smaller, and expands without looking tight or feeling uncomfortable when I am a bit heavier.

Some Jigsaw offerings seem ti have gone slightly 'off piste' in the last couple of years - but that skirt is an exception - good example of what they used to do well - reliable, flattering basics. Need more like it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now