Face oil

(39 Posts)
monkeysmama Tue 17-Jan-12 22:25:32

I read a Salli Hughes article about face oils and decided I must need one. I bought the vitamin e one from Body Shop she recommended (& night cream) but am not sure how/when to apply it?

Has anyone had good results with it? I tried the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair recently (and didn't like it at all.
).

neriberi Fri 25-Jan-13 14:17:15

I'm a big fan of face oil and regularly use Decleor. If you go into one of the bigger dept stores that stock Decleor you might be able to blag a sample to try.

daisychainsaw Fri 25-Jan-13 11:56:14

Another vote for Decleor. Neroli under day/night moisturiser is brilliant if you're unsure which one you need.

HazleNutt Fri 25-Jan-13 09:03:08

I love Decleor ones, especially this one:
www.feelunique.com/p/Decleor-Aromessence-Excellence-Ultra-Regenerating-Serum-15ml

they call it a serum for some reason but it's oil really.

Eliza22 Fri 25-Jan-13 09:01:16

I use a really inexpensive Boots own product overnight. It's call Traditional Rose and Glycerine Toner and Moisturiser. My skin's supple and glowy in the mornings. Have used it for a long time and when I run out, I can really see the difference.

Casmama Thu 24-Jan-13 22:22:12

I use this after seeing it recommended on here and it is lovely for dry skin.

MoodyDidIt Thu 24-Jan-13 22:00:03

another vote for coconut oil here

argan oil is great too

has to be 100% pure though

PoppyAmex Thu 24-Jan-13 19:48:45

Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate is a really lovely face oil - smells gorgeous too.

sansucre I really wanted to try the Notte cream, but sadly am in Scotland and stupid shop has no online presence <pouts>

ujjayi Mon 23-Jan-12 16:01:58

bluesky glad you love it. Mine lasts ages. Tis truly beautiful and feels like such a lovely treat to apply before bedtime smile

bluesky Mon 23-Jan-12 13:46:34

ujjayi's recommendation; the aromatherapy associates oil is gorgeous, mine arrived on Friday, the smell is amazing, you only need the smallest amount, morning and evening.

sansucre Wed 18-Jan-12 22:20:42

I used to be a huge fan of Clarins' Blue Orchid oil so am rather thrilled they've re-issued it.. must remember to pop into John Lewis and pick up a sample on my way home tomorrow smile

Am currently using Olio Nutriente Notte from the Farmaceutica Santa Maria Novella which is wonderful, it's a mix of jojoba, macadamia, avocado oil and pollen extracts. If anyone finds themselves in Florence (or their shop in London) I highly recommend it.

willybreeder Wed 18-Jan-12 21:55:24

Bio oil broken my skin out and I had to have a course of microdermabrasion facials before it was ok again!
I love the Body Shops vit E oil and use it in the evening after hot cloth cleanse, I try to massage it in for a few minutes. Smells good smile

southeastastra Wed 18-Jan-12 21:46:22

what is this face oil mani around atm? is the business in trouble!?

also read clarins is the best oil to put on yer face grin

TracyK Wed 18-Jan-12 21:45:33

Oh I'm off to boots tomorrow then!

2wwmadness Wed 18-Jan-12 21:43:43

Every store is giving free samples of Clarins

SantieMaggie Wed 18-Jan-12 20:55:13

i use a vie oil cleanser and its great for my oily skin.

HandMini Wed 18-Jan-12 20:49:14

I use Kiehls argan oil and I LOVE it for face and hair.

dingdong3 Wed 18-Jan-12 19:55:14

I use the Neal's Yard one at night - either the rose or orange flower - switch between them depending on how my skin is feeling. Both gorgeous and leave the skin so soft. Retail at about £20. Last for ages and are a lovely treat for your hands if you've been outdoors and they are sore and dry.

ooh yes I got the clarins one yesterday for free!!! they last for ages and it is lovely. I would suggest sending in your dh for another freebie to make it last even longer!

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Wed 18-Jan-12 19:43:23

I've just started using the Clarins one and it's fab, smells delicious and relaxes me. My skin's pretty good too smile

Dosey Wed 18-Jan-12 19:42:58

Coconut oil is fab. I always put a dollop in my bath and my skin feels fab, i cleanse and moisturise my face with it, rub it in my nails and rub it in the ends of my hair after washing it. You can buy a massive tub of it in holland and Barrett for about fourteen pounds or a small tub from superdrug for about two pounds. In the haircare section x

I have both the clarins one and a decleor one. I love them.

TracyK Wed 18-Jan-12 17:06:25

I have been mixing a couple of drops of Decleor Angelique oil with my morning moisturiser and then Garnier BB cream, then a little foundation.
My skin is looking good at the mo. Also been cleansing at night with avocado oil and warm cloth.
Tho have just seen the clarins advert in a mag and if they are doing free samples.... Just in the big chains - or would my little boots do the samples do you think?

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 18-Jan-12 16:32:56

I tried the rose one by terry in space nk yesterday and it was lovely so probably going to purchase.

Darphin also do lovely ones.

I read the same article smile

MissFoodie Wed 18-Jan-12 15:53:11

simone, here you go:
http://yumetc.blogspot.com/2011/05/coconut-oil-ultimate-cleanser.html

SimoneD Wed 18-Jan-12 15:31:18

I brought some coconut oil back from India so must use it.
How do you use as cleanser? Just rinse off with a hot cloth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now