How to avoid Boden, Joules, Fat Face and White Stuff

(95 Posts)
NotAnotherChinHair Wed 10-Nov-10 17:15:53

I like a lot of stuff in those shops although I am starting to dislike Boden and Joules as all the mums at the playgroud wear something from there. Today I even saw the headteacher wearing a Boden coat. I just find it a bit offputting but I do like their stuff, although not everything. So anyway, where does one go for alternatives? Specifically I am looking for a mini for myself that isn't too much of a mini (I am 40) if that makes any sense. Thank you!

carlywurly Fri 22-Nov-13 21:58:50

Another zombie thread confused

maywills Fri 22-Nov-13 20:16:13

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

volley Sun 11-Nov-12 09:41:02
AlwaysBizzy Sun 11-Nov-12 09:21:51

Astroturfing anyone?

RudolphUcker Sun 11-Nov-12 08:29:02

I'm guessing someone never MADE IT TO BED!!!!!!!!!!

Tesco! Woo! and also Hoo!

Wow. Wow wow wow wow.

Who knew tesco clothes could cause such a reaction at 6:14am, 2 actual years after this thread began???

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 11-Nov-12 08:16:42

I mean MAN MADE FIBRE! Yeah!

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 11-Nov-12 08:16:06

Pagwatch! grin

I have spat tea over my keyboard now.

I was going to say, get very fat and then their clothes won't fit you. But I'm not sure if TESCO! Or ASDA! will fit you either. And you will have to develop a serious love for man made fibre.

Yes!!! TESCO. All our clothing worries are sorted from this high end high QUALITY shop.

I'm off to TESCO now to wait outside the doors to get these original pieces, that all the other fashion houses copy.

hmm

ledkr Sun 11-Nov-12 07:53:00

I particularly LIKE no ADORE their high waisted value range KNICKERS. All the comfort and gusset covering of la senza and m and s but at a FRACTION of the cost

FanjoForTheMammaries Sun 11-Nov-12 07:33:40

I bet others will stare in shock and glee at your paisley shirt and crochet sweater too, tbh.

CaptainBarnaclesDaddyman Sun 11-Nov-12 07:30:41

And don't forget their charmingly retro men's tshirts! PACMAN!!!!!!

<thrusts fist in the air>

FancyPuffin Sun 11-Nov-12 07:28:51

I AM so excited about Tesco Direct and their on trend clothing that I'm a little damp in my knickers.

I am posting live scorpions to THE THIEVING bastards who try to make (poor) copies.

Pagwatch Sun 11-Nov-12 07:26:07

Fuck yeah!

Sorry. FUCK YEAH!

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Sun 11-Nov-12 07:15:22

What's wrong with Sainsburies though, weirdo poster?

You don't have them on your list. And their GOK WAN jeans are ACE and a FRACTION of the price of French Connection.

YAY! Fuck you High Street indeed. Start a REVOLUTION. <Sings l'internationale>

Pagwatch Sun 11-Nov-12 07:10:11

I am converted. Fuck you High street, you over priced tricksters.
I am buying BEAUTIFUL shit at a FRACTION of the price and will SHOUT randomly whenever asked where did you GET that from.

FUCKING WOW!

MotherfuckingMorrisMan Sun 11-Nov-12 06:39:24

Eh? I can't work out if it is a spammer or someone who has just taken a gram of cocaine and is so in love with polyester paisley tops she wants to tell people on a 2 year old thread all about it.

123123abc Sun 11-Nov-12 06:14:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dizzydeee Tue 16-Nov-10 12:26:03

link for MissB ((http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/coats/dept/fcp-categ ory/list?resetFilters=true)) for MV coat hope that works, had probs with links before.

Does anyone find the same problem with Boden, FatFace, Whitestuff in relation to finding something original for the DH's?

PastaDiva Tue 16-Nov-10 00:32:26

Mexx
Sandwich
Jackpot
Occasionally find nice daytime stuff in Coast

alemci Mon 15-Nov-10 21:24:09

I do like Boden and have just ordered a Coat off there but then i looked around on the high street and everything was expensive and non wool coats in John Lewis were £100.

I like White Stuff but it is dear so i only buy the odd thing. I also like fat face occasionally.

John Lewis women has quite nice things as well.

I used to love Principles as their trousers fitted me. The ben de lisi stuff is cut totally differently and not as nice.

I do like Kew but again expensive IMO for what it is.

at least Boden is good quality and lasts.

I love this

www.my-wardrobe.com/acne/atlantis-one-shoulder-dre ss-985428

but it's sold out in my size

Is it likely to ome bak into stock in my size?? if not, has anyone seen anything similar??

Mumsnut Mon 15-Nov-10 20:12:11

Jenai! <runs off to bleach screen>. The pooch aspect is just weird.

mippy Mon 15-Nov-10 15:41:04

I've just discovered White Stuff, though I wish to Goddess that they'd not put cups/under-bust lines in their clothes as the shopping opportunities for busty women are limited as it is. I'm trying to move on from jeans and T-shirts and their stuff seems to work for me now I find Topshop and FCUK etc. don't cut for my shape.

I like Monsoon though not as keen this year for some reason.

Jajas Mon 15-Nov-10 12:33:12

Nothing wrong with White Stuff at all, I love it. Unfortunately easily identifiable like certain things from Next or Boden so think that's probably why it gets knocked a bit on here.

I don't care though cos it is nice innit grin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now