What on earth?!

(10 Posts)
Lilypad34 Sat 13-Apr-13 20:33:28

Apparently it has been declared by the ex gf that as she had dh child she should've been the one to marry him..we didn't meet until 2 years after they broke up!! Has she lost it??!!

NotaDisneyMum Sat 13-Apr-13 22:39:58

No - it's the "I don't want him but no-one else can have him" mentality.

If I'd recognised it for what it was, I'd have run for the hills when DP and I got together; it doesn't get easier sad

Lostinsuffolk Tue 16-Apr-13 09:26:19

Yep - same here. Doesn't get easier, you just learn to live with the random comments and ridiculous behaviour! Good luck ;)

Kaluki Tue 16-Apr-13 12:39:27

Madness!!!
DP gets "I'm the mother of your dc" thrown at him regularly as if that fact alone must command respect!
So she can treat us (and her kids) like shite but because she has a womb we have to bow at her feet!

NotaDisneyMum Tue 16-Apr-13 13:58:28

kaluki That particular phrase has coined the term 'golden uterus' in the USA - there's loads of info on line about it!

IYoniWantToBeWithYou Tue 16-Apr-13 14:08:39

Kaluki I used to work with dh when we first got together, his ex used to call all the time and ask to speak to him, both at home and work, I used to ask who was calling and she said every time 'The Mother of his children, thats who', then I had ds and she changed it to 'the Mother of most of his children' then I had dd and she said 'the Mother of his firstborn' grin

When dh and I decided to get married she called him and asked why he didn't marry her, they were together for x amount of years and had two children together blah blah blah then (this is my favourite bit) 'you have known this little chippy for 5 minutes and decide to marry her, whats that all about'. I would recommend just ignoring it or the comments get more ridiculous.

Fenton Tue 16-Apr-13 14:18:53

I can compete with that...

DH and I got together 2 years after ex ended the marriage, we were together 5 more years before we had our first child, and had another child and a further 3 years until we married. When DH told his ex we were getting married she cried, saying....

"It just all makes it so final between us...."

confused shock confused shock

Petal02 Tue 16-Apr-13 14:19:56

Golden uterus?????? PMSL !!!!

NotaDisneyMum Tue 16-Apr-13 14:54:02

Actually fenton that's a really good point. Even now, DPs ex refers to their spilt as very recent, even to professionals in the DCs lives - they've been separated for 5 years and divorced for over 4! It's how she defines herself when she meets someone new - it totally confused a colleague of mine who encountered her professionally earlier this year (my colleague knew she was DPs ex).. Ex said to my colleague "I'm sorry if I'm a bit distracted, my husband has just left me" - my colleague later asked me if ex had remarried since DP , but no, she is still stuck at the point she was 'left'.

I think that's one of the reasons the DCs are so screwed up - they think that Dad will eventually see sense and move back home to her, because that is what she is telling them!

Kaluki Tue 16-Apr-13 15:33:23

Golden uterus - I can see that being her new nickname!!!
How funny - all you can do is laugh at these loonies!!! It's just a shame the damage they are doing to their kids hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now