Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

You are invited to attend a Pampers Active Fit with Dry Max event in London with Melanie C and the chance to receive a free Pampers goody bag worth around £40

(39 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Jul-10 18:31:42

To help celebrate the launch of their latest nappy, Pampers Active Fit with Dry Max, Pampers would like to invite 25-30 Mumsnetters (and their babies) to come along to a very special "Play Date".

The event will take place on Thursday 15th July from 10am - 2pm (you don't need to stay for the whole session), in Knightsbridge, London (apologies if this location is not accessible to all).

It's aimed at those with at least one baby or child aged between approx. 6 months and 3 years - and we encourage you to bring your children along to have a play!

Melanie C will be in attendance, as will a play expert who will give a talk about the importance of play. Pampers will also be demonstrating its new nappy and explaining all about the revolutionary technology and research behind it.

Lunch and drinks will be served throughout the day plus there will also be an exciting interactive art installation to explore....

Everyone who attends the Play Date will be given a goody bag containing: two packs of Pampers New Baby or Active Fit nappies with Dry Max, a pack of Pampers Sensitive Wipes and a Pampers Changing Mat plus a copy of the Mumsnet Toddlers book, all worth around £40.

All that we ask is, after the event, you log back on to Mumsnet and tell everyone your thoughts about the nappies and the event.

Journalists will also be in attendance but you are under no obligation to speak with them. A photographer will be taking snaps to record the day, so please let us know if you prefer that you or your child are not photographed.

If you'd like to come along, or for more information please click here.

Those selected will be notified by 13th July at the latest.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

leavingonajetplane Sun 04-Jul-10 18:15:54

In the nicest possible way Carriemumsnet, I'd save yourself the effort.

Theyve already confirmed (on their helpline) that the new design is permanent, despite the massive number of complaints that were on threads here and on their own website and lodged with Watchdog.

So this "seeking feedback" just comes across like an attempt to placate. As do the standard reponses they have their poor helpline staff use.

HinnyPet Sun 04-Jul-10 19:35:48

Carrie, how about placating us Northerners and offering us something interesting to attend?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 04-Jul-10 20:01:14

Hinnypet - we do try to have events outside of London and recently did have fragrance events for flash with febreze in Birmingham, Manchester and also Bristol.

HinnyPet Sun 04-Jul-10 21:07:32

I know, I keep a watchful eye on where you go and where you offer events.
But it's about time Mumsnet realised there is more to the world of being a parent than living in London. (Or Manchester. Or Bristol. Or Birmingham.)
Seriously, Ann, when did you and all at MNHQ last venture to the North East?

VuvuzelaPlenticlew Mon 05-Jul-10 00:13:23

Or ... Scotland? grin

Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Jul-10 10:10:04

Hi HinnyPet

I'm married to a Geordie and we are all toon supporters in our house (even though I am originally from Blackpool) so we are aware that there is a world outside London wink Believe us, we do constantly suggest that Pr companies hold events in/acknowledge the existence of, places other than London, but as we don't organise the events, we just facilitate the recruitment and feedback we don't really have the power to dictate where they hold them.

When we do product tests, focus groups etc we always try and make sure that there's a decent geographical spread -two of the original 5 Ford testers were from north of Hadrian's Wall VP, we definitely had a NE presence when we did the Times election focus groups and all the Olay/ appletiser etc tests have included folks from across the UK.

Most big Pr companies are down south so it's obviously easier and cheaper for them to host events and, it has to be said, easier to recruit as there are just more folks to invite.

That said, we will certainly make sure we pass on the feedback to all the Pr companies and will certainly let you know if we can persuade anyone to host a NE event - and make sure your name is on the door!

Thanks again for the feedback
MNHQ
<<scuttles off muttering jealously about glorious empty Northumberland beaches vs stinky London underground>>

littlesleepyhead Mon 05-Jul-10 14:30:58

I've used pampers for all my little ones and never really had a problem, I'm using the new active fit and think that they're just as good as the others, and they take up less room in the cupboard. grin

Would have loved to have travelled down to this but DS1 is going to school for his induction that morning

mjinhiding Mon 05-Jul-10 14:44:03

I'll be unbiased even after a lunch, day out and free samples. I totally agree. Free samples and lunch wont make me say nice things if they arent true.

(shamelessly copied)

I'd love to go - I would prefer to have more than a weeks notice though so I can book a cheap train ticket - or arrange to stay with friends for the night.

HinnyPet Tue 06-Jul-10 19:36:52

Empty Northumberland beaches CarrieMumsnet?
Do you know how bloody cold the North Sea is ??

Suziewoos Tue 06-Jul-10 21:37:22

Really - this is laughable.

How complaints/babies does it take Pampers team for you to understand there are problems with your "Dry Max technology" ?

RainP Tue 06-Jul-10 22:12:04

I am both amazed and extremely disappointed!! How many more babies need to be burned by pampers "new technology". Almost a month after initially contracting the burn, my baby is just starting to heal. Antibiotics, creams, and numerous drs visits!! I will NEVER use pampers again!!!
Be careful mummies, I hate to think of any other babies going through this!

Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Jul-10 10:23:39

Hi all

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered to attend the Melanie C Pampers Play Date on Thursday 15th July. The event was publicised elsewhere as well as on Mumsnet and they’ve now reached maximum capacity for the venue.

If you haven't signed up already but would like to be added to the reserve list please email insight@mumsnet.com - if you're keen to attend it's definitely worth doing this as there are often drop outs nearer the time.

For anyone who is unable to attend, Pampers has said that they value your feedback and if anyone would like to discuss the event, or chat further about anything to do with Pampers, you can contact them on Pampers@fleishmaneurope.com.

If you have applied already you should be hearing from us very soon.

MNHQ

nsba Mon 12-Jul-10 18:13:54

when are the winners being contacted.. keep checkin my email in hope lol!

Snuppeline Mon 12-Jul-10 18:22:50

I have one - 1 - nappy left of the new "improved" pampers and I will be so happy to see the back of them! After this last one I shall never again use pampers. I went from being very satisfied with them, never any leaks or problems, to having a dd who woke up every night soaked threw her night clothes because the nappy leaked. I tried going up a size (even if there wasn't a physical need) but no change. I have very rarely been so angry as I was when I learned that the leaking nappy was due to an "improved" technology - which has made the nappy padding more sparce probably saving them a handsome amount in production costs. No rather than celebrate their new product I am going to celebrate never again using them at the next nappy change!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now