Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Add your views on last night's episode of "One Born Every Minute" (17 Jan, Ch 4, 9pm) and you could win a £50 Amazon voucher

(253 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Jan-11 14:30:51

Channel 4 have asked Mumsnet to find out what you think about their new series of One Born Every Minute. The second episode is tonight - Channel 4 at 9pm - it is a 12 part series.

We've recruited a special panel of volunteer viewers to add their comments to this thread. Channel 4 don't have specific questions for you - they are interested in your general comments and thoughts about all aspects of the programme and the debate this generates. The panel are a mix of Mumsnetters, all of whom are parents, some pregnant, some not, some have seen the programme before, others haven't.

They would also love any other Mumsnetters - ie folks NOT in the panel - to add their comments here. Anyone who contributes to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner, drawn at random, will win a £50 Amazon voucher.

So, please post your thoughts and comments on the programme below. We'd welcome 'live' feedback during the broadcast as well as a comment at the end. If you can't post during the broadcast please add your thoughts by the end of Tues Jan 18th.

Additionally - if you haven't already - do have a look at the extra info about the series on the One Born Every Minute website - and let us know on this thread what you think about it.

If you are a panel member please identify yourself as one when you first post.

Many thanks and enjoy!
MNHQ

Guaparesaca Mon 17-Jan-11 21:15:40

Compulsive telly viewing for a Monday night,DH always scarpers upstairs the minute it starts (he was at the births of both our DCs though !)

SilveryMoon Mon 17-Jan-11 21:15:53

Yes Totoros I don't like that, don't see the point in them airing that either tbh

i like that midwife grin

Ah water birth, are they going to mention the sieve???

kingprawntikka Mon 17-Jan-11 21:17:30

I wish I'd looked that good in labour!

Ewe Mon 17-Jan-11 21:17:56

Really like the young couple, probably because I was a year younger than her when I had my DD so can relate easily. How fab does Lydia look in that bikini?

So good to see a water birth too.

nice they are letting her sister in. such a lovely family

MrsPickles Mon 17-Jan-11 21:19:30

Wow Lydia looks like she's has a total fanjo wax from what I could see in the pool, impressed at her fanjo maintenance at full term

SilveryMoon Mon 17-Jan-11 21:20:02

I'm not really feeling this episode as much as last weeks.
There's a bit too much negativity for me, what with the cleaner moaning and the family of the young couple talking about abortions and lack of contraception

shock mrs pickles - nooo wayyyy grin
pmsl

Ewe Mon 17-Jan-11 21:20:32

Aww, I like hearing about the falling in love bit, sets the scene really nicely.

SilveryMoon Mon 17-Jan-11 21:21:16

This couple seem lovely

really nice little interview then with those 2, he really loves her

I know they need to show the 'waiting' and long process sort of thing, but this is a bit yawwnnnn atm

RailwayChild Mon 17-Jan-11 21:21:39

Why are the Dad's so useless?

What's with texting whilst she labours?

i think i'd be kicking that sister out!!!

kingprawntikka Mon 17-Jan-11 21:23:08

I am enjoying this weeks episode more. The couples both seem really nice.

Ewe Mon 17-Jan-11 21:23:13

I had a fanjo wax a week before my EDD blush it seemed ever so important at the time. I couldn't cope with the thought of all the blood n gunk getting in my lady hair.

I love seeing the midwives getting organised, worrying about notes, organising all the women on the whiteboard. Its the other side of the unique experience every couple is going through. I find the contrast really engaging.

SilveryMoon Mon 17-Jan-11 21:23:42

MrsShrek agree. Although it is nice to get a bit of background info, I am watching this because I am interested in labour and childbirth, not because I want to hear if the sister likes hospitals or not hmm

get the mac and wellies out - ARM time

Pesha Mon 17-Jan-11 21:23:45

I'd rather see more of the mum and dad than the bloody sister moaning about how hard it is for her, whats she got to do with anything?!

how far dialted is lydia, did they say?

Shivs1974 Mon 17-Jan-11 21:24:01

Why are they breaking her waters? Why has she come out of the pool?? I refused to cone out once in :-)

Ewe Mon 17-Jan-11 21:24:19

Sister would be out on her arse, how irritating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now