Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Feeling a useless sn mum horrible self pity alert

(30 Posts)
autumnsmum Wed 06-Feb-13 18:43:02

Hi sorry everyone my situation isn't nearly as severe as some of you but I feel a total failure .So many of you do so much with your dcs and all I seem to be doing at the mo is leaving dd playing iPad .i just feel such a failure at being a sn mum having two children on the spectrum is harder than I ever imagined sorry for rant but all friends in real life have moved away and dp has depression and agoraphobia thanks if you've read this far

autumnsmum Thu 07-Feb-13 07:07:45

Morning everyone just had sleepless night thanks to dd2 also ds is being bullied n school .Bliebird love the comment about Facebook I know some very competitive mums on there everything's what their children have achieved

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 07-Feb-13 08:37:17

Hi autumn I'm crap mum too. Especially when things are going shit slowly and nobody seems to want to help, and decisions have to be made.
It can be very isolating. Especially with the "friends" FB statuses always seeming to be about what their dc can do.

But what you mustn't forget is how hard we with SN children all work to even get the vaguest resemblance of normality. Often our friends and family don't see all this, and if you put on the same front that I do, some never will see it.

I seem to have one battle after another to get help, my current one is S&L, and it is draining. But we can do it, however bleak it seems. Always hold onto that scrap of hope that things will get better.

My favourite quote of all times is "life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain"

Ps, my dd loves the iPad! And rarely does much else after school.

PolterGoose Thu 07-Feb-13 10:36:07

starlight summed it up beautifully I think, I sometimes read posts an think 'fuck, I'm not doing any of that!' Then I think, despite our children's extra needs and challenges, they do still need time to just be. And I definitely agree with the need for boredom, and that it often leads to wonderful bouts of creativity.

coff33pot Fri 08-Feb-13 00:32:18

There are no saints here <picks up halo from around ankles and uses ears to keep it up>

DS came home from school and had my iphone, he had tea and had my iphone, he went bed with my iphone. Its been peaceful, NEEDED peace x yes it was a crap mum day smile

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 08-Feb-13 00:41:40

We are so competitive! No, I'm the most useless, not you, you are merely slightly inadequate! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now