Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Well, it's Friday *wearily waves flag and hoots party blower*

(62 Posts)
ouryve Fri 23-Nov-12 16:23:12

DS2 started the week with a bug and DS1's finished the week with one. Had to call DH home from work to scrape DS1 off the pavement again, last night - only this time he parked the car at home and made him walk. After an hour standing out in the wind, DS2 and I just sobbed together when we got home.

I did a beginner's Makaton course earlier, this week. Very intensive and good fun. I feel a lot more confident with using some signs with DS2, now, though, and reading the course books seems to have cured DS1 of his Disapproval. He no longer yells at me for signing. (I'm still not allowed to refer to DS2 in the 3rd person when I'm talking to him, talk to him in a "high voice," say "all gone" or myriad other things, though - once less thing to get shouted at for still aint bad)

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 24-Nov-12 12:14:24

zzzzz great news about Dd3.

Obviously not such great news about Ds1.

zzzzz Sat 24-Nov-12 12:11:29

Just catching up on all the news. I think "challengeing" sums it up. I hope no hangovers this morning.

keepon I am so sorry. sad

pidjin thank you so much for sharing your beautiful son with us. You lucky thing. Welcome to the world little one.

Totally exhausting week here (i think ds1 may be developing tics), but finished off with a really up beat pead appointment for dd3. Consultant is really pleased (I would go as far as today surprised) at her progress. We no longer have to have emergency meds in school or keep them at home. grin. I feel truly happy. Pead says that she has a better than average chance of growing out of it. I keep having to check with Dh that that is what was really said. <pathetic greatful sniffing>

How is it possible for life to be so up and down?

signandsmile Sat 24-Nov-12 11:15:37

That's fab news purple! really thrilled to hear, congrats to you and dp. grin

PurplePidjin Sat 24-Nov-12 01:47:53

Thanks everyone, i think he's the most incredible thing ever and no one ever had a baby this amazing but it's nice to have outside confirmation wink

grin at Ellen. Most people get to the painter and stop

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 24-Nov-12 00:41:50

Congratulations Pidjin

pinkorkid Sat 24-Nov-12 00:03:19

Sorry to hear that the last week has been pretty traumatic for many of you. But congratulations to pidj - he is a gorgeous babe.

Learning70 Fri 23-Nov-12 23:56:02

Cute baby!

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 23-Nov-12 23:42:53

Oh, Pidj! grin Lovely, lovely news. What a little angel. (See what I did there? wink ) Even more broody now. Well done. Xx

Learning70 Fri 23-Nov-12 23:40:09

I didn't get round to the baileys lolly but having baileys in coffee right now. Seriously considering a chilled shot after too. I wish I could cope with drinking, I would do it more often!

PurplePidjin Fri 23-Nov-12 22:23:59

<slurps hot chocolate>

I'm breast feeding (literally right now) so feel free to consume my share of wine

thanks

frizzcat Fri 23-Nov-12 22:22:20

Ah congrats Purple - beautiful name thanks

moosemama Fri 23-Nov-12 22:21:18

<passes Pidj a glass of the Ikea mulled non-alcofrolic stuff>

moosemama Fri 23-Nov-12 22:20:21

shock ouryve. Good news that things are going to start moving for him, but what a way for it to happen. sad

Pidj, lovely name. Welcome to the world Raphael, you are very luck to have such a lovely mummy. smile

ProcrastinatingPanda Fri 23-Nov-12 22:19:24

Congratulations purple thanks

Relax with one of these wine, unless you're breastfeeding, in which case swap it for an alcohol free glass.

Ineedalife Fri 23-Nov-12 22:18:54

Aaaahhh, congrats to purple and your DP and welcome to Raphaelsmile

ProcrastinatingPanda Fri 23-Nov-12 22:18:03

Evening all, it's been a quiet week here too, the only thing to report is that dp spoke to our solicitor today, he's still fighting for contact with dsd. Solicitor says he can't promise he'll ever get to see her as her disability is so severe that it's going to be a very complicated, long drawn out case sad, but we're not giving up yet.

PurplePidjin Fri 23-Nov-12 22:15:15

Waters went 10pm Saturday, contractions started in the car. All fine so home fto chill. Back in 6am 3 in 10 minutes. Slowed after lunch, dp eventually went home but they kept me because we were nearly at 24 hours since the waters and induction was booked for 7am Monday. Picked up about 2am, had pethidine, slowed again around 5 so transferred to labour ward from mw ward for syntocin.

Raphael was born at 8:06 on Monday 19/11 weighing 6lb2oz grin

Lougle Fri 23-Nov-12 22:15:13

Keepon, I just read back a bit. I'm so sorry to see the news of your cousin sad

lisad123 Fri 23-Nov-12 22:13:33

Pidj Congratulations!! Sooo cute, I so want to steal it smile

Lougle Fri 23-Nov-12 22:13:32

Wow, ouryve!

ouryve Fri 23-Nov-12 22:12:19

And for my better news, the very part time Ed Psych was assessing another child in school, yesterday and saw DS1 screaming and plastered to the floor. He's no longer merely on a waiting list.

ouryve Fri 23-Nov-12 22:09:57

Eeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Baybeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gringringrin

And I don't like Baileys, but a Baileys ice lolly sounds gooood grin

Pidjin Congratulations xxxx

3b1g Fri 23-Nov-12 21:47:20

Keepon: I'm so sorry. The only flowers I can find are thank you ones so here's some cyber-chocolate instead.
Moose: that is awful! I am fuming for your poor DS!
Pidjin: that is lovely. Congratulations!

We've had a hopeful week. DS2 was invited for his first playdate in over two years (play after school and tea with a child four years younger than him who has the same diagnosis). All went well! smile
Let's hope tomorrow is as successful. He has recently joined Scouts (DH is a leader) and tomorrow he will be attempting a 16km competitive hike. I found it hard enough when DS1 did this for the first time; with DS2 I'm having kittens. There are so many ways it could go wrong, most of which would end with him being put off Scouts for good. DH will be in the area but may not be the leader shadowing DS2's team.

moosemama Fri 23-Nov-12 21:43:46

OOOO Pidj mahoosive congratulations!

C'mon then, tell us everything - weight, name, scary labour story! grin

You need to update your profile to say Pidj is the proud mummy of 1 dc now!

Oh you have made my night. I have a smile on my face for the first time this week. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now