Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Well, it's Friday *wearily waves flag and hoots party blower*

(62 Posts)
ouryve Fri 23-Nov-12 16:23:12

DS2 started the week with a bug and DS1's finished the week with one. Had to call DH home from work to scrape DS1 off the pavement again, last night - only this time he parked the car at home and made him walk. After an hour standing out in the wind, DS2 and I just sobbed together when we got home.

I did a beginner's Makaton course earlier, this week. Very intensive and good fun. I feel a lot more confident with using some signs with DS2, now, though, and reading the course books seems to have cured DS1 of his Disapproval. He no longer yells at me for signing. (I'm still not allowed to refer to DS2 in the 3rd person when I'm talking to him, talk to him in a "high voice," say "all gone" or myriad other things, though - once less thing to get shouted at for still aint bad)

Really sorry for everyone who has had a rotten week sad

Keepon, I'm sorry about your cousin sad

I'm feeling a bit "meh" this week. Am picking up my new glasses tomorrow, and they're stronger than this pair, so not exactly thrilled my sight has changed (although one eye is slightly improved).

But, I've recently rekindled a childhood hobby - ice skating. I'm learning to figure skate! I have a LOVELY coach, who is very understanding about my sight and modifies her teaching accordingly. I've got a blog about it on the MN bloggers network thingy as well smile We took some videos during my last lesson, so I could see the improvement I've made, even after 3 lessons!

PolterGoose Fri 23-Nov-12 19:41:29

Thank you NoHaudin, we are higher up than our neighbours so should be ok, cellar is at risk but has held out so far...

Hi all. Hugs and honks all round I think. I thought we'd had a rough week until I came on here.....

keeponsadsadsad I'm so sorry for your loss. moose what a week! Rant away. Hope it helps

Took dd to Disney on ice this evening., she was mostly fine until she got over excited at the sight of Peter Pan and made a bolt for the stage blush thankfully she didn't jump the little wall around the rink (probably only because a man told her off for touching it in the intermission and told her it would hurt her) But it was dark so I couldn't see where she'd gone (no low light vision) which was momentarily terrifying.

frizzcat Fri 23-Nov-12 19:48:51

Can I join - offering wine brew and fancy nibbles. I don't actually have any nibbles but a girl can dream
So it sounds like most of us are having shit weeks or semi-shitty weeks
Honks to all, and ninja attack squirrels shall be sent to all and every idiot causing upset.

This week I have dug a trench and I'm firing metaphorical grenades at the Senco and odious OT. I can't go into it much but I do have the support of the HT who seemed genuinely appalled at the situation. Long story short she wants me to send her a formal letter explaining each of my concerns and all the things that have not happened. I know she wants full time senco support in the school and is already canvassing the governors.
But you know when you have your suspicious head and feel like - am II being blindsided here? Am I going to be hung out to dry ?????

Are there any wine swimming pools?

signandsmile Fri 23-Nov-12 20:49:50

what crappy weeks some have been having sad , am sending honks,
unfortunately along with coughs and sniffles...

dh has been away this week, is now back and I have gone down with the local lurgy IYSWIM... altho he is grumpy, so I am a bit meh about his return grin

college work is a towering pile and the house looks like the proverbial bomb has hit it... but all minor stuff compared with the stuff many of you are dealing with.... sad

whatthewhatthebleep Fri 23-Nov-12 20:51:22

HONKING for everyone, large bottles of wine and biggest size bars of galaxy choc all round....

it's like this wild stormy weather is causing all sorts for everyone this week...literally sad...

Ours has been one of silence and stonewalling...where I really was hoping to hear good things....you wonder if things are conspiring against you when every prof involved seems to be avoiding you confused....limboland here... sad angry

So here we are ...DS is all packed and ready, thinking he will be starting his new school....and...we wait...and wait....it's just how tense and expectant you feel when the phone rings...and it's mum or someone checking for news...and I have none.....sad

and then there is this weather and threatening to get worse too...pjs and dressing gown...cosy indoors weekend I'm thinking....online christmas shopping ideas might cheer me up ha!

Might make some cards or something...bored and fed up really

Learning70 Fri 23-Nov-12 20:55:39

So it wasn't only me having a shite week then. I actually sat on the sofa this afternoon in shock from the crapness of it all. Actually sitting here wondering if I pour Baileys into a lollipop mould how long it will take to set?

Learning70 Fri 23-Nov-12 20:59:23

Now have picture of ninja attack squirrels in my head. Prob dont need the baileys ice lolly now, that has put a grin on my face.

PurplePidjin Fri 23-Nov-12 21:25:51

Honk honk honk honk honk honk

I may be able to help lighten the mood - take a peek at my profile smile

<<<<squidges all round>>>>

frizzcat Fri 23-Nov-12 21:30:40

Purple - do you mean that gorgeous little bundle of cute baby?

Pidj - aaaaaaah congratulations! I thought you were due in December?

Lougle Fri 23-Nov-12 21:35:05

Huge congratulations, Pidj

moosemama Fri 23-Nov-12 21:43:46

OOOO Pidj mahoosive congratulations!

C'mon then, tell us everything - weight, name, scary labour story! grin

You need to update your profile to say Pidj is the proud mummy of 1 dc now!

Oh you have made my night. I have a smile on my face for the first time this week. smile

3b1g Fri 23-Nov-12 21:47:20

Keepon: I'm so sorry. The only flowers I can find are thank you ones so here's some cyber-chocolate instead.
Moose: that is awful! I am fuming for your poor DS!
Pidjin: that is lovely. Congratulations!

We've had a hopeful week. DS2 was invited for his first playdate in over two years (play after school and tea with a child four years younger than him who has the same diagnosis). All went well! smile
Let's hope tomorrow is as successful. He has recently joined Scouts (DH is a leader) and tomorrow he will be attempting a 16km competitive hike. I found it hard enough when DS1 did this for the first time; with DS2 I'm having kittens. There are so many ways it could go wrong, most of which would end with him being put off Scouts for good. DH will be in the area but may not be the leader shadowing DS2's team.

Pidjin Congratulations xxxx

ouryve Fri 23-Nov-12 22:09:57

Eeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Baybeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gringringrin

And I don't like Baileys, but a Baileys ice lolly sounds gooood grin

ouryve Fri 23-Nov-12 22:12:19

And for my better news, the very part time Ed Psych was assessing another child in school, yesterday and saw DS1 screaming and plastered to the floor. He's no longer merely on a waiting list.

Lougle Fri 23-Nov-12 22:13:32

Wow, ouryve!

lisad123 Fri 23-Nov-12 22:13:33

Pidj Congratulations!! Sooo cute, I so want to steal it smile

Lougle Fri 23-Nov-12 22:15:13

Keepon, I just read back a bit. I'm so sorry to see the news of your cousin sad

PurplePidjin Fri 23-Nov-12 22:15:15

Waters went 10pm Saturday, contractions started in the car. All fine so home fto chill. Back in 6am 3 in 10 minutes. Slowed after lunch, dp eventually went home but they kept me because we were nearly at 24 hours since the waters and induction was booked for 7am Monday. Picked up about 2am, had pethidine, slowed again around 5 so transferred to labour ward from mw ward for syntocin.

Raphael was born at 8:06 on Monday 19/11 weighing 6lb2oz grin

ProcrastinatingPanda Fri 23-Nov-12 22:18:03

Evening all, it's been a quiet week here too, the only thing to report is that dp spoke to our solicitor today, he's still fighting for contact with dsd. Solicitor says he can't promise he'll ever get to see her as her disability is so severe that it's going to be a very complicated, long drawn out case sad, but we're not giving up yet.

Ineedalife Fri 23-Nov-12 22:18:54

Aaaahhh, congrats to purple and your DP and welcome to Raphaelsmile

ProcrastinatingPanda Fri 23-Nov-12 22:19:24

Congratulations purple thanks

Relax with one of these wine, unless you're breastfeeding, in which case swap it for an alcohol free glass.

moosemama Fri 23-Nov-12 22:20:21

shock ouryve. Good news that things are going to start moving for him, but what a way for it to happen. sad

Pidj, lovely name. Welcome to the world Raphael, you are very luck to have such a lovely mummy. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now